Another one bites the dust

John250

PR Founding Father
Great track is going by the way side. Can't blame the owner. He probably got a big pay day for his land.

MillCreek Mx Park
Pell City, Alabama
2000-2022

From the McWilliams family to all of our racers, fans and supporters over the past 22 years: we humbly announce that, effective immediately, MillCreek Mx Park will be closing its gates forever.

This decision comes after many emotional conversations and days and nights of mixed emotions. We have had over two decades – some of what we consider best years of our lives – involved in the sport we all love so much. The awesome racers, families, fans and supporters that we have come to love like family over the years have left memories with us that will last a lifetime. All of the incredible events that have taken place at MillCreek will be forever entrenched in our hearts.

We owe so many thanks to those that helped us through the years to become one of the nation’s top facilities. We could not have been so successful without all of the personnel that became like family, and all of our friends that put pain-staking hours of sweat and dedication in helping make the events go so smoothly and professional. We will never forget any of you and we appreciate and thank you all!

Thank you MX Sports, the Coombs family, Tim Cotter and the entire staff that gave us so much support, trust and confidence to run and host so many of their events throughout the years.

We also want to thank the industry and manufactures that supported our efforts to provide the racers and events with product and contingency programs.

We want to extend a special thanks to Wes Williams, Brent Stallo and vurbmoto for teaming up with us so many years ago. We could not have had a better partner in creating some incredibly awesome events.

MillCreek Mx Park will begin a transformation into what will become known as MillCreek Crossings, a 300+ new home community. The facility has been purchased by one of the nation’s top five builders and they are expected to begin work within the next 45 days with the first residence being occupied in the spring of 2023.

Thanks for the memories, everyone!

The McWilliams family

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah, being 30 minutes outside of Brimingham that's probably some prime realestate. Looks to be a decent amout of land around it. Wonder if the MX property was just a part of the total by. Had to be. 300+ homes?...
1658505966031.png

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Look at the area on Google earth. There is open land everywhere. Why would they pick that location to build houses?
I have actually been to that town several times. The Honda mini van assembly plant is like 3 miles down the road. There is SO much open area its crazy.
But hey, if they got good money for crap land, i would take it also.
Just sounds fishy.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Look at the area on Google earth. There is open land everywhere. Why would they pick that location to build houses?
I have actually been to that town several times. The Honda mini van assembly plant is like 3 miles down the road. There is SO much open area its crazy.
Just sounds fishy.
Good point. Wonder if thy "neighbors" were a part of the issue. Sometimes it's just not worth the fight. Especially when it's coming from multiple angles. Who knows though. Maybe they were just ready...and couldn't get near the amount in transferring ownership vs. selling it to a home/development builder.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Just sounds fishy.

Sounds fishy?

20+ years of running a MX track. Probably want to retire and collect the money while they can.

Strouble

PR Addict
That track is close to where I live. Didn’t know about it. Gotta tell my boss to see if we can get some excavation work.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
The owner probably got tired of hearing people complain online about how he should run a track and prep it and make it safe.
C'mon...Hershey and John250 have nothing to do with this...

Kidding, but can't say it may have not been a factor. Constructive criticism and bitching are often confused...

hershey

PR Elite
C'mon...Hershey and John250 have nothing to do with this...

Kidding, but can't say it may have not been a factor. Constructive criticism and bitching are often confused...
Need 2 emojis for this one.

I totally agree with what your saying though. Bitching is the greatest marketing information you can get, just have to put your ego aside.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Need 2 emojis for this one.

I totally agree with what your saying though. Bitching is the greatest marketing information you can get, just have to put your ego aside.
Yep, regardless in how you take it, it is information. You have to way the issue and the percentages. Some peeps bitching...could be the minority and should be disregarded. Then again, could be a greater amount and at least be considered. It's all in the delivery and/or the way it's received in if we're able to make good on it... How the ego is played on either side can determine the outcome.