Mcaupp22 went down today

Meister

PR Founding Father
He's tough. Hopefully it all heals properly and he'll be good!

Makes it through this only to get metal from a triple he's hit hundreds of times. Ughhh.. stupid dirt bikes sometimes..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210309-182806.png
    Screenshot_20210309-182806.png
    899 KB · Views: 121

Dano762

PR Addict
Glad to hear that surgery went as well as expected. I have watched Matthew grow up through PitRacer and even only meeting him twice - have been impressed with the young man he has become - really enjoying him get sassy with the PitRacer crowd. I am sure your dad and family are right there for support and everything you will need. Heal up Matthew, know you have lots of prayer, support, and encouragement. Anxious to see you back at it.

DanO762

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Wow, such a bummer. Sucks when everything is hitting on all cylinders and you have a quick miss at the most critical time. Hope Matthew heals fast and completely. Come back in easy. Get the body in good shape before hitting the track again. Sooo glad the outlook is good. Hoping this incident is nothing, but a vague and distant memory real soon. Take care you guys!

John250

PR Founding Father
I appreciate all the calls and text, people asking how Matthew is doing. He has some pain for sure, but is getting up and walking much better. It's going to be a few months to get all healed up and strong again. He will get back to normal and get back to where he was on his bike. He's been riding great, and I have no doubt a little set back will not stop him.

NOWA

PR Member
Just Catching up!

Sorry to here this.
Glad to here surgery went well. Praying for a healthy speedy recovery.

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Oh man, I missed this as well. I'm glad you're in recovery, and things are looking up. As others have said, don't rush it. Come back better, stronger, faster. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

Last edited:

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Figured I would give you guys an update it’s been exactly a week since I left the hospital. Saturday at probably 11:20 on the 4th lap of practice. Came up short on Bigfoot just kinda spun at the bottom and knew I was screwed I tried to save it but couldn’t. Crashed pretty bad but ran off the track. One of those things it was rider error is what it is can’t change it just kinda happened. In some serious pain off the side of the track so JO called the medic which I definitely needed especially spitting up straight blood. Got tons of scans and stuff in zanesville which was good. Broke L4 and L5 plus some nice bruised lungs. Had surgery on Sunday got some nice screws rods and spacers in there now. Left Monday. Sucks not being able to do anything but I’ve been walking everyday just going farther and farther everyday to not overdo it but gotta push myself. Scary injury but it’s a part of the sport. Hoping to be healed fully as fast as I can but know I ain’t rushing it. I’ll be back and better next year gotta have a positive outcome on it. Big shoutout to all you guys for the prayers and support I appreciate it.