62 indoor practice

route62mxpark

PR Member
Wednesday Thursday Friday 4-9 practice. racing this weekend!
6F6165AF-3BB1-420F-AC2B-55A829CB6718.jpeg
441CF8BD-74B6-4419-985E-41DBBA7F5C64.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I think our Thursday is open, I'll see if Logan wants to come up.
Any track changes since Friday?
We'll be there tomorrow as well. We actually might head up tonight. Spencer had a decent practice Sunday and has been stoked to go back since.

Talked to Jimmy on Sunday and he said there wouldn't be any track changes through the weekend.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Well s**t. I got some pictures of the pw rider lol. I didn't take any of the other mini kids as I had him on a pw in my head lol

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Well s**t. I got some pictures of the pw rider lol. I didn't take any of the other mini kids as I had him on a pw in my head lol
Yeah, sorry man. Thought you knew we moved on. Well, now you know. :)

We'll be there Saturday if you guys are. Look me up! :) If not, we'll be there during the week again at some point.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
We have basketball and soccer on Saturday. His only free day is typically Thursday and Friday, and we try to go to a local high school basketball game on Friday.
So maybe next Thursday I'll catch a few of him.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
We have basketball and soccer on Saturday. His only free day is typically Thursday and Friday, and we try to go to a local high school basketball game on Friday.
So maybe next Thursday I'll catch a few of him.
I get the other sports thing. Spencer has basketball practice tonight and a game tomorrow at 4:30. Hoping and assuming we'll be done by then at 62. :)

Laters man. Take care!

mshafer62

PR Addict
I really want to go check out the place but find it disturbing that it doesn't look like
any attempt has been made to add protection (haybales/old car tires) in areas where
a rider could hit the wall...

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I really want to go check out the place but find it disturbing that it doesn't look like
any attempt has been made to add protection (haybales/old car tires) in areas where
a rider could hit the wall...
Yeah, I get you there.

He has protection where it could be likely someone could hit the wall, but not so much everywhere else. Point being, last race a 50 kid went straight for some reason (throttle stuck, hit a kicker, etc.) and just did not turn...at all. Hit the wall to the right of where the hale bayles were in the case someone got pushed wide, etc. I've been meaning to chat with Jimmy on that, but my focus has been so much on Spencer's practice that I haven't had a chance to run him down or remembered when talking to him.

He's Gettin It GOOD Scoober...
Great flow in the turns
Thanks Sharc! Appreciate that. Yeah, I feel he's doing well a couple months on the 50 sr. ride. He's loving it more than ever actually. Improving every practice which is all I can ask for no matter how small an improvement. Comfort is king on race day, so I try to get him to push it to the limit or a tad beyond on practice days. I try not to coach and fill his head with thoughts on race day. Try... :)

He doesn't have a great "race craft" in traffic yet, including the start. He's between thinking what they could do and what they will likely do in front or beside him. No where near not caring at all about any of that and getting by them in a hurry. He's a cautious calculated rider of which I can appreciate, but also get frustrated with at times. ;)

Due to this, he tries to take an easy way passed in the straight or attempt an uncommitted block pass in hoping if they see him, they'll slow and let him by (has been taken out by those not giving up so easy...lol) and if that doesn't work, slows and tucks back in behind them for another turn or so. If he's coming up on a rider, he slows that pace 10-12 bike lengths behind and never really gets within 3 or 4 until he knows the deal or has a plan. This could last a lap or so and if a rider comes up on him in this case, he slows even more yo-yo. Thing is, I get it. Just not sure how to get him to get over it. He's just going to have to figure it out on his own to an extent. I can only talk to/coach him so much or it goes the other direction in spite of me...lol.

I'm sure no one else has ever experienced any of this. :) Sorry for the essay...