Loretta’s

Carlisle

PR Member
So with the national right around the corner I have a question!

I know the legend and nostalgia of Loretta’s is one of a kind. I’ve been there and yes the atmosphere is amazing. If you step back though and think about it the track itself is not all that. There is zero elevation change, everything is man made and most of the natural soil is replaced with sand and mulch and whatever else.

if and when it’s moved to a different facility, because it will eventually be moved, where would you like to see it moved to? I would like it moved to a track that is natural, one that has elavation changes and beautiful natural soil!!

They already have talked about moving it to Iron Man. The Combs family owns it, so bingo.

The race is never going to move. Mxsports has signed a longer contract, they are reinvesting in the property, building more infrastructure, and no other facility is set up like LL is. Everything else you’re in a field, no arena, creek, pool, hook ups (they added 40 more this year), showers/bathhouses, etc etc.

The track is not as bad as people keep making it out to be. It’s tough as hell, and ever since the pro national was held there it’s much more open now than it used to be.

Maybe move it to Ted Nugents place in Michigan.

Kidding

If it moves, it'll never be the same. I can handle the flatness of the track, but I can't handle the slot car racing. Better (more) track maintenance, less sand, still with a deep disked start straight will make better racing in every class. Just like the early 2000s.

If they moved it, what would y'all complain about? Stupid me, the new track...duh...

Besides, could you call it Loretta Lynn's at a property owned by someone else? The Shaver Family Amateur Nationals or the Cat Scratch Fever Amateur Nationals just do not have the same meaning or ring to it...

I don't think it will move. But in a parallel universe if it were to move, I think ironman has the potential to be the next site. They have a creek, they have a walmart and food choices within jogging distance, they have more parking than most modern city malls, they have very good elevation change but still with flat parking. The track design is adequate. They host one of the biggest offroad events in the country. If they added hookups, a country store, cabins, a pool and little amphitheater with a stage, I think it would be a match. Plus they are not in the flood plain, or at least I don't think they are. Maybe the starting gate is.

A few years ago they were talking about Loretta's moving, and I remember Iron Man being discussed. They have way more flat open parking convenient to the track than Loretta's in my opinion. Honestly, the little bit of infrastructure needed to make it a destination would be a drop in the bucket for MX Sports. And it would be easy to put in a couple thousand hook ups with water as well.

Will have to rename it to the Godzilla amatuer national championship
Zilla amateur National at Ironman

“You make it to Zilla’s?”
“You guys going to Zilla’s to watch”
“I watch Zilla’s all day at work during the week”
“I made it to Zilla’s in 2030 and 2031 in plus 30”

It could work.

Zilla amateur National at Ironman

“You make it to Zilla’s?”
“You guys going to Zilla’s to watch”
“I watch Zilla’s all day at work during the week”
“I made it to Zilla’s in 2030 and 2031 in plus 30”

It could work.
Yuck

I tend to side with Mercer here that it isn't going anywhere. If I remember correctly, the first time when talk of Iron Man come up was when LL and MX sports were negotiating the next contract. It was amazing how quick that was done once there was some (potential/alleged) competition.

Back