Hartford National

nitrofish

PR Addict
This has always been a way to introduce our sport to the people that have no idea what we do, get common folk interested. Showcase the talent of local racers and get the next little one in the stands to want to try it. Maybe it still does, I dunno? It just seems to confusing and watered down now. I remember the days of the pro class being the highlight and attracting the attention of the stands and the pits. The fast and up and coming 50 rockets standing out. I doubt those in attendance have no idea what’s going on out there now. This is almost a 2 pager!

Attachments

• 20230810_192150.jpeg
    20230810_192150.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 143
Good ole fast trax fair race. We did medina co fair just because we had a lot of friends there and live not far there. There are a ton of classes but it seems like they miss some of the basics and there’s a lot of confusion on what to run. On the other hand the kids had fun and I got a gyro. So I guess it worked out.

Was shocked they didn’t have a PW specific class.

Holy cow, that's an insane amount of races.
Coshocton usually has a decent one, and our fair is pretty good over all also, bigger then most.

I’ve read the class list from fast traxx promoting and I honestly don’t get it at all. They need to just take the Oma class structure that has both bikes and atvs and run that. Program would run so much smoother and the entries wouldn’t be 1-4 people per class

Yeah, Spencer had a blast. Had a lot of fans there as well. Made some more after his 2nd class digger hitting a rock on the face of a double. Got a 2nd in 50 Sr. and finished 50 Open after his digger... Can't say dirt sample as there was no dirt being sampled on that clay driveway... ;) Sure, I kind wish there weren't so many ATV classes, but also wish there weren't so many pit bike classes..., but have learned to accept it.

If you are looking for a fair race to be like what we consider real MX, you are never going to find it. Fair races are more for the backyard and pit heros. Way too many classes and motos, but we're there every year. Regardless if either Spencer or I were racing. Of course the Hartford National is epic in this parts. I mean, Rupedogg has been running the leisure suit MX gear for years. I am guessing most of the bikes racing haven't been started since last year's race... ;) 500 entries last night....

Besides, it's all about the pepperoni stick yo. Only get one once a year....

See you next year!

Fasttraxx is a JOKE! I remember am when AMS when the fair races and how fun the races were. Actual whoops, an actually rhythm section, and a big catapult, now everything can be hit by a PW. I raced Hartford in 2018 when i first got back into racing and vowed to NEVER do another one as long as they were the ones promoting it. Norm is a great guy, but the races are a joke.

Good ole fast trax fair race. We did medina co fair just because we had a lot of friends there and live not far there. There are a ton of classes but it seems like they miss some of the basics and there’s a lot of confusion on what to run. On the other hand the kids had fun and I got a gyro. So I guess it worked out.

Was shocked they didn’t have a PW specific class.
Tell everyone how much it cost!! Not the gyro!! Bahah! And for a fair race. Shittiest tracks on the planet!!!! Fing joke!!!

Back