Very sad weekend for motocross community

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
very sad to hear on social media two motocrossers passing away this weekend. Don’t know any details or how anything happened but very sad to see. A young girl was involved in an accident outside on a Moto track and a vet rider was involved in an accident indoors at GTA arenacross in Dallas. Very sad and hate to hear anything of this ever happen. Always wonder details of accidents like these and what happened and is there anything that could have prevented any of these things from happening or anything could have been done different whether it be bike, gear, etc. Prayers to their families to many young people gone too soon.

very sad to hear on social media two motocrossers passing away this weekend. Don’t know any details or how anything happened but very sad to see. A young girl was involved in an accident outside on a Moto track and a vet rider was involved in an accident indoors at GTA arenacross in Dallas. Very sad and hate to hear anything of this ever happen. Always wonder details of accidents like these and what happened and is there anything that could have prevented any of these things from happening or anything could have been done different whether it be bike, gear, etc. Prayers to their families to many young people gone too soon.
Very sad indeed. Also, Friday night another kid was seriously injured at route 62 indoor. Broke 8 vertebrae, punctured the aorta in his heart and a lung as well. I wonder if this amount of injuries/ casualties are normal, or do we just hear about it more now bc of social media?

Very sad indeed. Also, Friday night another kid was seriously injured at route 62 indoor. Broke 8 vertebrae, punctured the aorta in his heart and a lung as well. I wonder if this amount of injuries/ casualties are normal, or do we just hear about it more now bc of social media?
I personally feel it’s just been a bad few months for the Moto community. Because on my memory yes social media wasn’t as big as an influence but I still feel like we would hear about events like these and in the past there hasn’t been this many ever to my memory. Like I said though all these incidents is it anything anyone else can do to prevent it. Moto obviously is a very dangerous sport and we get reminded of it time and time again but in every incident there is something to learn about it and see if there is anything we can do better in hopes of it not happening again

Prayers to the kid at 62.how did the kid crash if you know? Doesn’t help it was freezing cold and I bet that dirt was rock hard so it has no give no matter what. Hopefully whoever it is heals up quick I know how two vertebrae and bruised lungs feel couldn’t imagine what that kids feeling.

I saw two different videos yesterday, one from Rt. 62 and another from another indoor some where else. Both honestly looked like rider error and lack of real riding skills. We all laugh at "C" riders at Arenacross's and the comical accidents. But truth is, many of these riders should not even be doing a lap at on a track like that. Yes they are tame to many of us, but reality is, there is zero room for error is a little rythem section or whatever. The one I saw yesterday from some indoor track some where, the guy whisky throttled and went off the side of another just and into the other lane looked bad. Who knows if he was hurt.

This is when I here track owners talk about building supercross tracks, I say they are nuts. Line up the ambulances and get your lawyer on retainer because the release people sign does not keep them from suing you.

Prayers to the kid at 62.how did the kid crash if you know? Doesn’t help it was freezing cold and I bet that dirt was rock hard so it has no give no matter what. Hopefully whoever it is heals up quick I know how two vertebrae and bruised lungs feel couldn’t imagine what that kids feeling.
I am not sure, my wife told me about it, it was the little brother of one of her dermatologist clients. I just saw the extent of his injuries, the aorta is a very odd and scary one i feel like.

I am not sure, my wife told me about it, it was the little brother of one of her dermatologist clients. I just saw the extent of his injuries, the aorta is a very odd and scary one i feel like.
Buddy told me he was riding a pit bike that was modded with a BBR frame and an electric motor. Guess over along the wall after the start the bike shut off and went OTB into one of the table tops. Bike error not rider error though

Back