Help needed with suspension!

Vargo671

PR Addict
I have been browsing this site for a while and have decided to join. This is my first post on this site and I would appreciate any help provided.

I have a 2007 CRF250 and plan to have the suspension revalved and setup for my weight. My question is could someone please give me benefits of either FCR or PDR? Or a comparison? I found forks and shock already set up by FCR that I could purchase, but I am curious to hear some feedback from others with experience with both.

Thanks in advance!

I have a 2007 CRF250 and plan to have the suspension revalved and setup for my weight. My question is could someone please give me benefits of either FCR or PDR? Or a comparison? I found forks and shock already set up by FCR that I could purchase, but I am curious to hear some feedback from others with experience with both.

I've been running FCR suspension for a few years now and highly recommend them. They have locations worldwide and we're lucky enough to have the main office here in Ohio. I know PDR will hook you up with quality work too and he's in Ohio. I wouldn't buy extra forks and a shock unless you know what you're doing. Getting the right springs for your weight is probably the most important thing you can do. Getting it revalved for your skill level is second. Most of the time with the right springs you can adjust the clickers good enough without a revalve. Don't be afraid to adjust the clickers frequently until you find a setup that works for you. Write down your stock settings. You can always click em back. Hope this helps.

Chuck

Thanks for the advice, Chuck. The suspension set I speak of which I could purchase would already be set up for my weight, and already has been revalved. $900 a good price?

$110 for fork springs,$110 for shock spring, oil change for front and rear $150. So for around $400 you can get this done, or pay $900.

So what are the benefits of having the suspension revalved? I have always had stock suspension and I thought it would be an upgrade to have this done. No? Again, thanks for all of the input.

What's the bike doing now that you don't like? What you weigh? I just bought the same bike as you and like the stock suspension and it is fine for me, a slow rider. I had it re sprung and my guy re valved my shock cause it was kicking me in the air pretty bad. I have not rode it yet though.

Anyways what I'm trying to say is if your not that great a rider I would not even waste time re valving it. Cause what happens if you get better then you gotta pay again. Also unless you know prett much exactly what you don't like that you want fixed or what you want better I would not re valve it. Thats just my personal opinion and I'm sure others will say different I'm no expert. If you get it re valved it will make the bike more personalized for you.

In terms of PDr or fcr I would pick Dave probably. He does charge a lot but he does good work and I have never heard bad. Fcr I have heard mixed reviews. But I hear fcr has a track they can watch you ride on which is a plus. Pdr can have your bike turned around in a snap also

What class do you run?

I've revalved 2 of my bikes, sure it made it nicer but it didn't turn me into Chad Reed. If you got a bunch of $ and dont care about spending it, sure go for it - its definitely and improvement. However, as others stated above, properly set stock suspension can work very well!! The right springs, fresh fluids, and someone watching you and telling you what its doing, and messing with clickers can go a long ways!

Parma Dave does great work, with whatever you decide to do.

One of the big things I've noticed with revalved suspension is that the clicker adjustments seem much more effective afterwards.

PDR did my yz250f and it was a nice difference, and he will work with you untill you are happy...and you will be lol. PDR's pricing is very competitive as well. Unless you know how to set you sag and adjust your rebound, compression, and make sure you have the right springs its a rather large waste of money. As others said you also need to be able to tell what the bike is doing or have someone watch or record you so you can see how your bike reacts while riding. You would be suprised at what you can pick up from just watching the front and rear react on the track. Good luck!

What class do you run?

I've revalved 2 of my bikes, sure it made it nicer but it didn't turn me into Chad Reed. If you got a bunch of $ and dont care about spending it, sure go for it - its definitely and improvement. However, as others stated above, properly set stock suspension can work very well!! The right springs, fresh fluids, and someone watching you and telling you what its doing, and messing with clickers can go a long ways!

Parma Dave does great work, with whatever you decide to do.

Very sound advice.
Unless you are Extremely Heavy or Light the stock Valving should be Fine for the average Joe. Also depends on what type of riding you do? Woods (Plush) or MX (stiffer). Fresh oil proper springs to match your weight, and (very important) set your race sag. Check out Race tech's web site for proper spring rates.

FCR Seems like a good outfit. They have a test track. and are extremely knowledgeable and eager to explain and discuss your individual needs. To me that indicates a true desire to set your suspension up specifically for you and your riding type and level. They are committed to satisfaction "They will work with you on your setup at no charge, until you are satisfied".

Back