Indianapolis hotels for Supercross

firedan

PR Addict
I know it's late but what is a decent hotel in the area that doesn't cost $200 a night? We want to stay Friday and Saturday night. Thanks Dan

We are staying at the Quality Inn. Its 4 miles from the stadium and cost 67 bucks a night.

You can find a bunch of hotels in the area on hotels.com

I used to stay at the Omni right next to the old rca dome. it was like 110.a night plus you got to park in there parking deck for free, but that was 2 years ago.

Have a room at the Baymont. Thanks for your help. A friend of mine in California is involved with the FirePolice race team and we have pit passes with our tickets through him. Are the passes worth the kids getting excited over, or is it a big let down?

Last I was in there I wouldn't say "big" let down, but that all depends on how high on it you are? ;) Heck, for free, I'd do it. It's always cool to see them up close and a little more personal, right?

From my experience, Any pit pass is good, but pit passes from the riders are the best. Public pit passes only let you in the pits for a few hours. If I remember correctly, Indy has closed pits, so you may luck out with good passes.

Generally during the open pit time they are so crowded you can barely walk. With rider guest passes you can avoid these crowds and hang out in the pits in the morning and the evening. The pits are not nearly as good as the outdoors as they have to jam everything into tight areas.

I was in Indianapolis last night. There is a Hampton Inn two blocks from Lucas Oil stadium. Plus the block with all the restaurants and bars is righ there also. The Westin and Marriot are right there too, but pricy. I stayed in the Hampton last time I went over for the SX.

2 years ago most of the bars and restaurants close to the Dome (downtown area) closed early because they say "the motorcycle crowd" is too rowdy.....seriosuly? WTF? We did find the Hardrock open and got to meet Nicco Izzi there, so that was kind of cool. So if you plan to party after the race, I would get some supplies before the race just to make sure you're covered.

Indy is also hosting the finals for March Madness so the city is already going to be crazy. We started looking for rooms over a month ago and they were sold out or $200. It's gonna be an expensive weekend but should be fun!!

We are staying at the Baymont Inn. It is 12 miles away and that's ok. It will keep my boys away from the downtown party. It is $83 a night. We are staying Friday and Saturday night.

Never heard that one about the bars being closed.....I find that hard to believe. They would close the doors to the normal Saturday night crowds. Cant be any worse than after any NFL game. I was there last weekend and the bars and streets all through that block were packed.

Embassy Suites is right there too. Use AAA rate. or go to webpage and look at "business's" there and see if they can give you a "corporate rate" for a business nearby that they have near by.

Back