Ranger 4x4 Issues

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
I was pulling away at RamJam the other day and I think maybe my tires were still spinning and i clicked it in 4x4 high and heart a huge slam underneath. Now my 4x4 does not work. Any ideas? The light still comes on in 4x4H and Low but no 4x4, I cant hear it click on underneath anymore when i hit the switch either? 2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 Off-road with 71k on it. Thanks

Jake

If there is no click then the transfer case actuator/solenoid isn't working. Had that happen with an Expedition and it started working on it's own again eventually. Fords are the most unreliable vehicles I've ever owned. Even had one burn to the ground in my yard after it started itself on fire.

I agree......Fords have terrible reliablity. My brother in law just had issues with a '08 4x4 Ford F150.

Hmm I have always been a die-hard Ford fan when it comes to trucks, cars ehh more of a chevy fan.. I think though im going to get a Honda or Nissan though. Im tired of having issues.

On rangers I think the 4x4 module is right in front of the passager door...the kick panel,You should hear a clicking sound from there...Or go Ford ranger forums..I thinks its ford ranger explorers...Its great website has everything you need to know..

Back