Cool RM250 Conversion. I've seen Honda's before, but not Suzuki's.

Why would anyone pay $12,000 for that when you can buy a GREAT handling aluminum framed YZ 250 for less than $6000???? Makes NO sense to me.

yeah and the funny thing is about it the yamaha guys pointed out that it actually has a motor from 98 in it cause thats the only one you can make a 360 i guess

When it comes time to sell my 2007 RM-Z450 I might do this just for kicks. Sell off the motor, get an RM250 motor and have it stuck in there. Would be cool! Not like I could sell the complete 450 for anything anyway....

When it comes time to sell my 2007 RM-Z450 I might do this just for kicks. Sell off the motor, get an RM250 motor and have it stuck in there. Would be cool! Not like I could sell the complete 450 for anything anyway....

Put the Quadzilla 500 motor in it Pit. How bad@$$ would that be? Then when I get my KX500AF done we can start our own class! ;) Actually, not sure I'd ever race it depending on how it handled, etc., but I do plan to convert my '07 into one for my annual dune trip and trail riding.

I know I've been talking about it for a long time, but it will happen....maybe? ;) Have to wait until a get a newer 450 first. Maybe we can get Robin to put a big bore KTM smoker in one of his frames?.....

Anywho, I've seen them put a KX250 two stroke motor in a KX250F frame before. Thinking MPS did it? It's all in the eye of the beholder...and the bank account. ;)

That Yamaha would only make sense if you happened to have a 90's Ohlins/Noleen 360 motor and an aluminum 250F frame just setting around. That YZ250F fuel tank is smaller than the YZ 250 so not much range with a thirsty 360. The only advantage with that chassis and plastic would be easy spark plug changes. Didn't realize that 360 cylinder was so large. Looks like a 500.

490-3.jpg here you go yz 490

Back