Reed Vs Stewart Pass

Look at the Pic's or video whatever Reed was not making a pass... He was simply "parking sideways" at the exit of a corner. On what planet or in what sport would anyone consider this move an attempt to pass. Absolutely absurd that anyone watching or see pic's would say this was a pass or block pass.
If we have been racing each other hard …… and on the last lap you swing wide leaving THAT much room in the corner, I’ll do the same thing to ya each and every time.

I think it was foolish on Jame's part to take the "normal" race line after putting Reed in San Manuel Band of Mission Indians sandwich! I dont think that it was team tactics by Regal & JS7, but JS7 had to be thinking that Reed believed it was. Therefore he should have covered his inside. And JS7's head should also have been on a swivel looking for Reed while exiting that corner.
It's called a block pass. Thats why in that pic Reed is "parked" in the middle of the track. Therefore "blocking" JS7's line.Not a dirty move on Reed's part. He was just aggressive when given the opportunity. I'm glad they both went down. I like both the "Ryan's" better anyways!
Jay Hershey

X3. And yes friends that is called a "block pass", Reed "blocked" Stewarts line. Either Stewart slows up or goes around, or I guess in this case try to plow through. I dont think it is either riders fault it is just racing !

big4830545.jpg

Because it's just the way the cookie crumbles.. I mean it's just racing.

I like stewart, and I've always hated chad reed.. I just dont like his face.. no thats a lie I actually just want to root for the americans, you know.. rep your home type of thing... and stewart was one of the guys I remember from when I was little, one of the last.. him, reed, and kdub.. and I do root for kdub too.

but the thing is.. thats just how it goes.. but then again we're in god damn ohio where we cant really ride so what else is there to do besides bs about racing and play reflex!

In my opinion it was a very aggressive move on Reed's part, but all Stewart had to do was let off. Is he that dumb to think Reed was just going to follow him around on the last lap? I'm far from being a dirty rider, but on the last lap of the race when the other rider just put a pretty aggressive pass on me? I'm doing the same thing 100% of the time. I don't think anyone here lines up on the gate hoping for second place and neither does Reed.

That was a pass....a strategic pass. Like he said after the race, stewart had 2 choices either to back down or hit him, and obviously he hit him, causing them both to crash. Its racing and personally, i think its both of their faults. Awesome race tho!

X3. And yes friends that is called a "block pass", Reed "blocked" Stewarts line. Either Stewart slows up or goes around, or I guess in this case try to plow through. I dont think it is either riders fault it is just racing !

theres a difference between a block pass and cutting a corner to horizontally block another riders line because that is the only thing you can do to stop them.

in most cases it is just racing, im a fan of both riders, but it was a take out. hes done it before and will do it again. if this happened to any of us on the track im sure noone would say its just racing, you would be salty because someone just took you out of the lead on purpose.

reed knew exactly what making a move like that would do, period.

theres a difference between a block pass and cutting a corner to horizontally block another riders line because that is the only thing you can do to stop them.

in most cases it is just racing, im a fan of both riders, but it was a take out. hes done it before and will do it again. if this happened to any of us on the track im sure noone would say its just racing, you would be salty because someone just took you out of the lead on purpose.

Really? I didn't even watch the race, but just by looking at that photo, why wouldn't that be considered a block pass. Why did JS leave the door open? JS should have known not to go wide. Fault? Looks like JS to me. I'm not a fan of either one any more because of the drama.

It's beyond me how your referring to this as a takeout?

Geez, it's been said over and over and yet some folks still want to refer to this as a takeout...it wasn't.

Why? Because Bubba had a CHOICE as to what to do when Reed went through the door that Bubba left open. Bubba should have been aware of where Reed was at in order to be prepared to cut to the inside if he needed to. But, since Bubba apparently didn't feel it was necessary to guard the inside line OR watch for where Reed was at, then his second option would have been to NOT keep the throttle pegged.

I don't care what people think of the move, but it was clearly NOT a takeout since Bubba DID have other options that would have resulted in the two of them not going down had he chosen to do something differently. Therefore, there's absolutely no way this can be referred to as a "takeout".

What is it about this topic that opinions are such polar opposites....are some people just bigger Bubba fans than they are racing fans, or is there dislike for Reed so strong that they don't want to see things for what they are?

Good God, why do I keep reading this chit? I stopped caring about 300 posts ago, but cant seem to stop reading others repetitive opinions! GO RV!

It's beyond me how your referring to this as a takeout?

ok maybe it wasnt a "take out", but im sure he knew what was going to happen before they even made contact, only he wasnt planning on going down.

bring on daytona!

Thanks for putting the nifty poll up, that's a great site feature. With about 74% of the votes seeing it as not being Reed's fault, the results fall in line with what I thought they might look like. Looking forward to another good race tonight!

Watchya talkin about Randy, I've had Yamaha's for eons...going back to when they weren't even blue.

Back