Morning and Night

TCracing

PR Addict
Does anyone else find themselves obsessed with Motorcycles and Dirt? Morning, Night, and periodically throughout the day?

Does anyone else find themselves obsessed with Motorcycles and Dirt? Morning, Night, and periodically throughout the day?

Yeah, i find myself making dirtbike sounds at work and visualizing tracks i've rode...I can't really help it either, obsession: yes.

I am def. there. pitracer, racer X and transworld are part of my daily internet surfing. I trained for a marathon a couple years ago and anytime I had to go on a long run I would think of a track and run laps in my head. It helped to time go by much faster.

Absolutely! It doesn't help that I am an at-home Dad and my YZ is in the basement. My 3 year old has already "helped" with a few tire changes and a couple of YZ125 bottom end rebuilds. My wife calls it a problem. Some people really like collecting stamps...

I have been an enthusiast since getting my first bike on the farm in 1982. Growing up 10 minutes from Kenworthy's didn't help any.

I am so glad you post this because I have often thought is there something wrong with me lol. Of course, I am a plus 40 female who started riding the same year as the gentlemen on the other post 1972 (trails and harescrambles on a Yamaha GT80), infact I grew up down the road from Unadilla National Track and grew up riding on the awesome central NY dirt. Here I am almost 40 years later and I got my husband, son and daughter also hooked. It must be in the genes, there is just something about racing motorcycles. Can't wait to go to Tomahawk next week and ride on some fresh dirt and mud for practice friday, kids will race sat and sun. Hope all of you have an awesome and safe 2011 season.
Kelly are you loading up for Tomahawk? We will save you a spot, I want my girls all together :)

Its a serious addiction. takes up too much of my time and too much of my money. Ive lost girl friends and jobs just because they dont fit my moto schedule. outsiders cant understand. some might even say I need an intervention. but looking back would I change any of it? NOPE.

Yup....Ever since i got my first bike...a 1986 cr80 which my parents didnt even know i had....I took a lil break but never stopped thinkin about it then started back riding again in 04 and i just cant get enough...Its moto morning noon and night....cant wait for spring to start riding again and that first race at O.I.R. .....I hope the quads dont destroy the track to bad....

hell yeah. I wish i had a garage and no woman in my life and i would be even more into my bikes. Im totally obsessed but a main reason is because of my job. I have a lot of free time and am up all night long so i frequent all the sites and think aboiut riding way more. i have had dreams about riding even lol.

Im also pretty new to the sport so i think its ok. Im sure it will wear off eventually.

sdjclevland-even if you are just getting into it and you are liking it, it will never wear off. I rode for 6 years when I was little retiring at the age of 12. From that point on I always wanted to get back into it, but that didn't happen till I was 27. I have been riding and racing for the last 6 years and always looking forward to the next ride. I can assure you it never goes away.

It'll never wear off. I've been riding and racing for 15 years and I still watch races over and over in spare time, and watch videos on youtube. You're forever stuck with your new obsession. Haha

this is the best bad habit ive ever had i broke my arm this summer and not able to ride for several mon. girl friend said she could not wait for me to ride said i was in bad mood all the time ha ha i was to i just got back into it this past summer after 10 years was miserable with life for those ten years bikes are my outlet they keep my sanity, back to enjoy n life again now that i started ride n people think im crazy at work they just dont understand its not something i do its something i am

It's a lifestyle I think..... even my kid when he started racin at 4...he would get off the bike after a moto and get his toy bikes and play with nothing else, he is 10 now and has moved on to playin Mx untamed, Its funny I will see him coming down the hall way doing fake whips making rev limiter sounds as he is walking....lol .... or he will come home from school and say "ya know I have been thinkin about that triple at bla bla bla and I think Im gonna try it this weekend... I think it might have something to do with the fact his parents met at a race track in 1978......btw is this is MOTO MOM not Dad writing and Im glad to see all my girlie girls will be at tomahawk this weekend......see you all there......RACE SEASON Ahhhhhhh! gotta love it

It'll never wear off. I've been riding and racing for 15 years and I still watch races over and over in spare time, and watch videos on youtube. You're forever stuck with your new obsession. Haha

We been ridin longer than 15 years dude lol

Someone asked if Pro's obsess over the sport...
OF COURSE!
I have been racing since I was six yrs. old. I eat, sleep & dream racing. The same goes for my family. The money I make from racing goes back into racing. I dont drive a fancy car or truck as I can't afford it because...you guessed it...I race. When I'm home, our dinners are spent discussing details of my racing. My sister took off from her job to travel to California with me and be my trainer/driver/manager/maid (LOL! she won't like that last one!) while I've been running the 2011 supercross series. She spends a ton of time each day hammering out details like: booking hotels each week, ordering parts, setting up sponsors, going over receipts, coordinating with sponsors, dealers, parts people, graphics companies, hotels, tracks, etc. Thanks Nikki ~ Your The Best Sister Ever!

We love the sport but it will consume you - day and night for the rest of your life! I remember at my first AMA race getting goggles from Jeff Emig. My mom took me over to him to get them signed. Jeff was so cool - he picked me up and put me on his bike & let me wear his cowboy hat for some pics. I'll never forget that day. But the REALLY COOL part is...I'm that guy now. I'm living the dream and loving each moment. After crashing at A1 I ruined a brand new helmet & I saw some little kid & autographed it & gave it to him - and we took pics together. He was so excited & his parents thought I was the bomb. He's my new little buddy & we email each other now. At Atlanta a 4 yr old was celebrating his b-day that weekend so I hooked him up with some goggles.

The motto is "PAY IT FORWARD". I'm creating new little monsters who will obsess about riding and racing and drive their parents crazy! You gotta love it! LOL!

Keep living the dream!

Tony Gallo #520

Hey Tony.....It is great to hear you say all those things....My kid also is a big fan (Aj Sams) ...you signed a pair of your googles for him at OIR pro day and they are hanging on the wall in his bedroom....You made a HUGH impact on him with that one little act...I remember last season it was POURING down rain at Malvern ..(i work in the office there) and Your moto was one of the last races and he would not let his dad leave till he watched you, I looked out that door and you were comin off the track and there he was ALL ALONE soakin wet, standing on the fence cheerin as you drove by...it almost put tears in my eyes....So thanks for doin what ya did and what you continue to do....IT DOES NOT GO UN NOTICED!!!

Well, I started riding at 14 in 1976. That's all I've thought about since then. More or less, through everything I've done in life, it's been the one constant thing that's always been there. Long before I met my wife, or had kids, or went to college. Still think about it everyday, just not as consuming as it used to be, but I guess in more moderation, lol. That happens at 48. I guess if I had a job in the industry, my life would be complete.

Back