Two Stroke Motocross

Hey guys, my name is Charles.
I'm the owner of Two Stroke Motocross. I'd like to invite you to check out our site.
We are currently doing a YZ 144 build, that our members and readers can help with.
We are putting up polls throughout the build, letting you guys pick parts, colors, etc.
We are even letting the readers pick the rider(s).
Here is a link to links to the articles from the start last week until now.
We thought it would be a fun project to get people involved with a little more than whats in thier own garage. :)
http://twostrokemotocross.com/tsm-racing/
Enjoy!

Wow that didn't take long! Welcome Charles, looking forward to watching the YZ project unfold!

Before anyone pulls the spam card, I sent them a note and invited them to come on here and talk about some of the things they are doing.

agree w/ a lot of what was said in the video except price lol. a new 2 stroke aint cheap. just bought a 350 for what i woulda bought a 250 for.

as much as i wanted a 2 stroke 250 still... just talked myself out of it. couldnt see dropping that much $ on a new 2 stroke that isnt really too "new" especially the yz

however i will miss my 250 so i need to forever stay away from your site because ill be real jealous and still miss that braap sound i made all last year lol

yeah but go talk to a yamaha dealer with a yz250 on the floor (first off, go find one.. actually not bad now lots just got a few in but a month ago they were real hard to find). Yamaha doing 0 for rebates and such on the 2 stroke... but on the 4 stroke they are.

we all know retail just about means nothing. if you pay retail for a bike..well..idk. i never have at least.

if you shop around you can pick up a new 4 stroke real close to the price of a 2 stroke 250. i thik lots of ppl switchig back to 2 strokes will pick up used bikes and such, and nothing wrong with that.. i dont see everyone running out to drop $7500 on a yz250 that hasnt changed in 5 years.

not saying its any better or worse than a new 4 stroke but for gods sake at least its "new" or a little different other than some new graphics. not putting yamaha down, love em and been riding them since 03.. but their lack of development on the 2 stroke led me elsewhere. if a 011 yz250 would have had any significant change, i would have one in my garage right now.

So is anyone doing any serious development on two strokes? I know KTM is doing frame and all but how about anything improving the engine itself. Is EFI even feasible for a two stroke?

i thought i read ktm has some efi two strokes in testing not sure

I think ktm will continue work n on there two strokes that side is huge for them i think i read they sell more two strokes than anything gncc hare scrambles enduro i was told there 300 xcs are so hard to get

Back