Bars and arm pump

KTMkarl794

PR Addict
I've heard that the more flex in the bar, the less arm pump, more forgiveness on rough landings. Opinions on Pro-Taper VS Renthal?

I thought everyone was going away from the standard bar (with the cross bar/pad) because they are too rigid.

Anyone use or have knowledge on Flexbars (i think thats what they are called). The bars that have a hinge and are spring loaded, fairly popular for the quad guys I believe.

I'm sure it helps to an extent, but it seems to me that most people just hold on too tight. Loosen up your grip while in the air, let your arms relax. The best way to get rid of it, is just to ride.

Agree with Jon16. Grip more with your legs and loosen your hand grip. Also spending the money to setp your suspension correctly would be the first place to start before spending the money for the flex bars.

I used Fasstco Flexx Bars for a couple years and they are nice. Still a couple people on here that use them.

After moving back to Suzuki's I went back to fatbars though. I never quite liked the bend of the Flexx bars they were offering at the time.

Push ups help alot with arm pump. Oh and remember the saying "hold on loosly but don't let go" it proves true to MX.
Personally I run Protaper EVOs and had ran renthal and pro tap is the best bar I ever owned. Worth every penny, would never go back.

I get arm pump bad too, think mine is mental. We run Oury grips and they are pretty soft, so I got their diamond grip which is more firm. My theory is with the softer grips I tend to hold on tighter, so I opted for the firmer grips and I tend not to hold on as tight cause they are harder. Yes it is a little rougher on the hands, but feels better on my arms.

ordering the pro taper evos this week. supposed to be nice. im not sure any deisgn of bars is going to be the cure for your arm pump. ride more, watch what your eating/drinking when you're riding, and like others mentioned - give your arms a rest when you can

my armpump has always 100% been mental. i can practice all day but give me 2 laps in a race and im DONE

I always run the renthal full waffle grips in the medium or hard compound that has helped me out. But I have to agree a lot of it is mental I think too....If I start getting pressured bam arm pump horribly rather it be practice or racing.....it sucks!

I've heard so many "secrets" for arm pump from different gimmisks and gadgets to different foods and engery drinks, but I have yet to find one that is a good substitute for physical conditioning. Curls, pushing and pulling (rowing) excerises on weight machine, wrist curls, and hard practice, and learn to relax and loosen up the death grip.

i have always heard that getting arm pump is from being nervous. if you can relax and grip with your legs then it may help you a little.

Back