Suzuki Operations Hurt by Japan Quake

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
News coming out of companies hurt by the quake and I noticed Suzuki Motor Corp among the list.....

Radiation levels near the Fukushima plant, located 135 miles (217 kilometers) north of Tokyo, rose above Japanese limits after an explosion yesterday destroyed the walls of the reactor building. Nippon Steel Corp., Suzuki Motor Corp. and Canon Inc. today joined the growing number of companies saying their operations were hurt following the 8.9-magnitude earthquake on March 11 that rocked Japan and triggered tsunamis.

Canon, Nippon Steel, Suzuki Motor, JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corp., Nippon Paper Group Inc., Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd., Mitsubishi Motors Corp. and convenience-store operator Lawson Inc. today disclosed they were affected or were suspending operations, joining the growing number of Japanese companies from Sony to Toyota Motor Corp.
http://www.moneynews.com/StreetTalk/AIR-AIRPORT-ALLTOP-ASBNX/2011/03/13/id/389322

Wonder if this will have an affect on Suzuki bikes at all? They are already tough to find....

Suzuki sure has had a tough time the past couple of years, I was lucky to get a 2011 from what I am hearing. I do feel for those people over there and hope that there is a silver lining hidden somewhere.

Let me guess the part of the factory where they make four strokes has been saved but they two stroke area was demolished lol. That would be what would happen probably.

Heard on news this morning of certain Japanese plants shutting down "indefinately" at this time. I wonder how this will affect the dirt bike industry, bikes, parts etc.? And if this puts the brakes on Japanese bike developement what will be the long term effects on that as well? (Certainly good for KTM I would think).

Back