Truck toys????

Meister

PR Founding Father
Anyone got the hook up or know of somewhere that has good prices on truck lifts, tires, and exhausts? Just picked up a new (to me) one and I feel like it should be off the ground a little more.. ha..

what'd you get?

just look around everywhere online.. local places are tough to compete with online prices.

exhaust isnt really that expensive.. but for tires and the lift check online for sure. i used to have a sweeet hook up for wheels and nitto tires.. not anymore tho :(

Switched religions a little! Uh oh! Too gooda deal to pass up.. I wanted a ford, but when it came to money and what I wanted, it wouldnt work out unless I got one with the rusted fenders and alota miles.. Did my research on the Dirtymax`s and found out that the 05s are great motors with very little issues (compared to fords 6.0, early duramaxs, and hile mileage 7.3s).. Its a 2500HD LT (Every single option) Sticker price was 51,000 5 years ago when it was bought new.. I payed, well, under 15 for it! Has a leveling kit, 33" nittos, DC rims, superchips programmer (just installed not long ago), all new MOOG front end parts.. As much as I HATE to admit it, bleeding blue and all, I really do like this truck so far.. It`ll be much better when its up 6" with 35s and sounds a little better..

25760d1300249682-ford-chevy-chevy.jpeg

Try:
http://www.summitracing.com/
They have their Summit brand stainless 4" or 5" exhaust for $500 or so,been eying that one up myself :)
http://www.4wheelparts.com/
Has some sweet deals on ProComp lift kits and wheel/tire packages and whatever truck stuff you need.
Keep a clean fuel filter in it. (I usually change mine every 10k) Use a good fuel additive like Stanadyne,Powersource,Lucas or the like.
Wallop on it every once in a while :cool:
Just watch the boost `cause you`ll eventually "limp" the trans and burn it up if your hammering on it alot!
I have an `04 and haven` had any issues with it so far.Knock,knock,wood,wood.:D

alligator performance. 4" turbo back magna flow kit for 389.00, they are on ebay that is where I got mine. Showed up at my door 3 days later !

sick hershey

i definitly want a diesel next and i honestly dont care for the fords...i think id be looking for exactly what you got. how many miles are on it?

i found a real nice 02 but I cant see getting rid of my 07 and jumping back 5 years!! and something as new as my truck now is going to cost me a loooot of money if i want a sick diesel..

mine wouldnt even be that bad if i had the 5.4 in it but the 4.6 w/ the 35's and stock gearing just sucks and is terrible for gas mileage of course, even with my edge programmer.

if i do get another one thoughi might just level it with 33's.. 35's is fun but loading bikes in it gets real old. oh wait.. i could afford to pull my trailer then if it was a disel.. so maybe 35's it would be :D

I LOVE the new body styles of the Chevys and GMCs.. Actually ranks right up there with the Fords with me.. Ill probably buy a set of the big towing mirrors sometime down the road too.. Wait till you see the HUGE white gmc runnin around.. Saconni (local quad rider)owns the white one.. Farr and Upperman both have new GMCs that look killer too.. I really wanted one, but couldnt find a new body style that was anywhere near my price range.. As far as companies go, ive found that summit usually seems to be pretty high (too bad, cuz its 5 mins from my work) and over at Alligator it looks like I can get a brand name exhaust for around $500.. Im waitin for a 5" scratch n dent.. I think I may just do a muffler and cat delete for the time being and throw on a 5" tip.. I really wanna get the lift and tires on.. Im stickin with the 16" rims because I cant afford tires for 20s.. Trying to do this the right way on a limited budget is definatly tricky.. I dont plan on "beating" this truck at all.. A. I cant afford to waste fuel. B. I want this truck to last a very long time. I did come across a website that might be good for price matching wars with local companies.. Its onlinetires.com but they also offer local pick up (too bad its in cali, but this will be my argument for local dealers) and they have some killer prices on tires.. I put about 60 miles on today and im still diggin it.. Finally got all my fancy shmancy settings set up.. I did jack up the fog light switch which seems to be the only thing thats "weird" on this truck.. Probably gonna have to buy a new button.. Ahh well.. Little bit at a time.. Everyone should keep a list goin where youve purchased stuff from.. Could be beneficial to all of us..

I would get on the Chevy/Dmax forums and start keeping an eye out for used parts. Can find awesome deals on lift kits and tires all day. Just have to be quick, they usually sell fast.

yep. Just throwing it out there , could use the $ but if it doesnt sell no big deal. I paid 30K for it and it is listed at 37K, still under book.

Back