Mid-East Area Qualifier - Wildcat Creek March 18-20

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
There will be open practice on Friday March 18th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weather permitting !!
Gates will open at 4 p.m. on Thursday and will be open until midnight ! They will re-open at 6 a.m. Friday morning and remain open until midnight. The gate times for Saturday and Sunday are also 6 a.m. to midnight.
Gate Fees: Thursday $30 rider/spectators Sign Up Fee per class
Friday $30 rider/spectators $30 for GLMX members
Saturday $20 rider/spectators $35 for non GLMX members
Sunday $10 rider/spectators $40 for A & Pro Am classes with GLMX card
$45 for Pro Am classes with no GLMX Card
This does not include your $10 Qualifier form
Sign up on Saturday and Sunday will open at 6:30 a.m. !! 1 hour after the races are over we will re-open sign-up for the following day races.
Practice will start at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday
Races will start at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday
If you are leaving Saturday after the races and will not be returning. You must leave within 2 Hours of last motto. We will cut off your wristband and give you a $10 refund.

Source: http://www.wildcatcreekmx.com/

Zman is planning to be there the whole weekend for himself and kid Mitch to qualify.

Well, just a quick race result. First, the weather was mid 50's-60's and sunny to party cloudy all 3 days. Couldn't ask for more this time of year.

Friday was practice. Nothing major other than Mitchy hit a deep rut on his PW50,the bike stopped, and he did a complete flip over the bars and landed on his feet. He was like a gymnast. Scared himself, but no injuries. That was the talk of the track for a bit and people could not believe how he stuck the landing! In any case, he got another lesson on ruts. His Cobra cuts through them, his PW is lower and does not. I tried to tell him to avoid them at all cost, if possible, but he did not listen.

Saturday Mitchy qualified in the Driveshaft (PW50) with a 3-4 and the Multispeed (TTR50) class as well. Did not make the cut in the 4-6 stock 1 (Cobra). There was 21 on that gate and ended up 13th. Fast little rats in that class. Josh Lord qualified in the Driveshaft class with a impressive 2-1 for 1st. He also had a good 1st moto on his Cobra in the Stock 1 class, 7th, but got taken out off the gate in moto2 and his results, 11th overall, pushed him out of a qualifying spot.

Sunday, I qualified in the 35+ and VetB/C. Randy S. qualified in the +25, John Lord qualified in the VetB/C on my 250F and I think the same in the 40+. Ryan T. was hauling on his King Cobra in a very competitive 7-8 Stock 2 class. Mitchy has been riding with him at RamJam all winter and his outdoor speed looked great. I think is ended up in top 5 in a class of about 25. He also qualified on his 65cc, I think 6th overall.

Justin Z had a rough day as he was in very fast classes. 250C mod and college boy proved to be in the top fastest classes for the day with lots of riders in the 250C, I think 36!

My goal was to sneak in the qualifier early in hopes the classes would be minimal so I could relax and ride until June. That was not the case for all classes, but it sort of was for me. I had 5 in the 35+ and VetB had 12. I went 2-1 in 35+ for 1st and 3-3 for 2nd in VetB. Lots of crashes in VetB up front during the second moto, which helped me out a bit in the overall picture.

Lots of crashes throughout the weekend, one resulting in a life flight Saturday. Hope the fella is o.k., but I am exactly sure what happened.

Track was ok, but with the soft ground there were several corners with deep ruts. One corner claimed Mitchy all day in practice on Friday, but by race day on Saturday only had one spill. Other than that, I thought there were long lines to get signed up. Not sure they planned staffing for the numbers they got, but they did the best they could.

I think that does it, but I did get to talk with BarrocodE, a bit. Not sure how he finished up, but I know the ruts beat all of our arms into submission!

No pics...I don't have a good camera. No video, I broke my visor off in a eat it at RamJam 2 weeks ago and have no more mounts. Sorry!

Congratulations Darren and Mitchy! I don't know how the little ones rode throught the ruts. I have a picture of Ryan standing in the rut where you were parked and it came to his butt. I will try to attach later today. Ryan ended up 6th overall in the 50 7-8 and he actually DNF his 65 2nd moto...we still don't know what happened. We left the track thought he came off and he rode back to the our truck mad at us because we left him they pulled him off the track he was stuck somewhere in the woods. It hurts more he was 5th the 1st moto. To sum it up it was a a fun weekend and he did qualify.

As far as the track, to me they were disorganized they only had one person entering the racers on the computer and this is why they started at 1:30 instead of 11:00. Track prep was not impressive either but I guess after being at Tomahawk they did an exceptional job and I expected that.

0318111634[1] (2).jpg

Yeah, thanks...it was fun. Your pic is great. That corner ate Mitchy up all day Friday in practice. Did not matter if he was on his Cobra or PW...his pegs just were not high enough! Sunday was much better...that corner was smooth. You could stand through the entire 2 set corner and rip off the double. Wish it had been like that for the kids Friday and Saturday.

Ha - funny. So for the kids the corner is rutted death, then for the Vets it's nice and smooth. What luck.

I finally got to meet the legen.......dary Zman. I like his strategy. Get as many bikes with #192 on the gate, at least one of them will make it LOL Nice meeting you and John.

The 70% chance of rain miraculously held off. The track was fun and easy to learn on the fly. The big double was well designed in the corner. A couple real fun big camels. The dirt was well groomed. My only criticism were some of the long flat tables/camel backs. The faces and landings were too short and steep to handle those distances, especially with that many riders chewing up the faces. Just a bit sketchy. Overall it was a cold rough day in the dirt and no amount of p90x can prepare you for back to back classes in March but the early qualifier strategy paid off with a low turnout and some unfortunate crashes up front. Ended up 8th and 6th overall in 30+ and 40+. See you guys in Buchanan!

My daughter and I were there Friday and Saturday always a rough track for everybody. My daughter #82 races the women's class and we hit the Georgia GNCC last weekend and she is used to the ruts after that mud race. Here is a pic of her Saturday 2nd moto, she ended up 3rd overall. Great job Britt, probably going to AMP MX this weekend supposed to be another crappy week in Ohio. I was going to post a pic and don't seem to know how??

Back