pw 50

mswartz

PR Addict
Anybody have any experience with rebuilding a top end on a pw50? I put a wiseco top end kit in my sons bike and it seemed really noisy when I put it back together. Took it back apart three times and everything looked fine. No scratches or anything. Used 2 stroke oil to lube it when I put it together (each time). The crank doesnt have any play and moves smooth. Any ideas? It seems to have way more compression now,( judging by my foot.) Thanks for any input.

It's really hard to say without looking at it, but guessing I would say , since there is compression I'm assuming you put the top end together right not possibly dropping something like a circlip in the crank or something, the how about the oil pump is it hooked up right?

Did you use a forged wiseco piston ? If so stop worrying, they are very noisy ! That is the reason I dont use them. My understanding is everything is fine with the noise and they are supposed to last longer as well. So worry not and let your son motor on !

Did you use a forged wiseco piston ? If so stop worrying, they are very noisy ! That is the reason I dont use them. My understanding is everything is fine with the noise and they are supposed to last longer as well. So worry not and let your son motor on !

That makes me feel a little more confident. Thanks. We have the oil pump disconnected and we mix the gas. It was funny watching him take the exhaust bolts out.

Back