1. Dismiss Notice

powdercoating hubs

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by sdjclevland, Apr 10, 2011.

1. sdjclevland

sdjclevland PR Addict

Any one do this at all> I was thinking of getting it done with new spokes and colored nipples so i dont have to spend a ton of money.

2. Mxracer517

Mxracer517 PR Addict

anodizing IMO is the way to go alot thinner and seems to hold up better.....

3. sdjclevland

sdjclevland PR Addict

does it look the same or better? I want it to look glossy like not dull or flat.

4. pdracer440

pdracer440 PR Member

Have had a number of hubs powder and all turned out great. I would not recommend doing the spokes though.

5. MXracn746

MXracn746 PR Addict

Racing Number:
    Matt's were powder coated/ Pretty durable and looks good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. sdjclevland

sdjclevland PR Addict

actually i got the hubs powercoated and i am just waiting for my spokes. I ggot red hubs with stainless steel spokes and red nipples

7. fmxpaul

fmxpaul PR Addict

As anyone that Powders knows, there are a TON of labor hours in this procedure. It's all in the Prep Work. If you bring me BARE CLEAN metal parts, I'll do it affordably. If you bring me oily, greasy, paint covered parts, it's not cheap. I do this for my own moto parts and I used to do quite a bit of it on the side, but now it's just for the bicycles, race car parts and my dirtbikes. I'm near 77 & Pleasant Valley. PM me for a number if you need something coated. My oven is pretty big, I've done Harley Softail frames & quad frames, so I know they fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]