Steel City Practice This Weekend! Questions...

I've only been to Steel City so far to watch the pros...and I remember seein it for the first time and seeing all the amateurs riding up through you in the pits along with the pros and just being in total aww of the atmosphere and the track itself and told myself one day....ill ride that track.... Well that one day is this September for the Amateur Nationals....and maybe even this weekend for practice. So my question is...how is practice there? I herd that I wont get more than 5 laps on the track then get pulled off and have to wait another hour and a half til its my turn again....for a 4hr drive there and 4hrs back thats kinda sh***y....so whats everyone elses take on it and is there a way around it? Like telling them i want to practice 250 and 450C....or idk sum way to get multiple practices or more time on the track etc... let me know please! Thanks

Are you talking about the practice on Friday before the LL Qualifier this coming weekend?

My assumption for that would be practice separated into groups to accomodate the crowd for the race weekend, I'd expect probably 4-6 lap practice "motos" and probably about 5-7 different groups that would be rotated during the 10am-3pm schedule. You can probably signup for multiple groups to get twice the amount of practice, of course paying for each group.

Again, I'm just going off what I've seen in the past at other tracks. Would be nice if we could get a Racer Productions rep on here to provide some hard info.

Ya this weekend! I think its the last open practice on the schedule until the Amateur nationals in September....So But ya thatd be great if someone from Racer Productions could respond....or someone whose been there!

They only offer practice before expected big turnout race weekends...and it's pretty much like a race day except you don't drop the gate. 10am-3pm isn't alot of time to handle practice for about 500+ riders that usually show up for qualifiers. You're not going to get much seat time. But every minute helps if you're planning on racing Saturday and Sunday...

Back