Tech 10 vs SG-12

rabrian18

PR Member
Anybody really compared these two. I'm looking to get a new pair and wanted some insight. One better with knee braces, or one more comfortable than the other?

Thanks for the help.

I have the SG 10, I think there the best boot I have had. The last time I tried the Tech boots I thought they were very bulky down by the ankle.

I have sg-10 as well and they are awesome but I would go with the garne. I researched the heck out of the two boots and found that no one had one bad thing to say about garne but the alpinestars was mixed. All I know is I tried on te tech 10 and hated how it felt and fit. Garne fit me awesome and I would not buy anything different now.

You need to go and try them both on. It is going to depend on your foot and what you like. As sd said above he didnt like the feel of the tech 10, I on the other hand didn't like the feel on the gearne boot. The tech 10 fits me like a glove especially around my ankle, The gearne bulged out at my ankle. Both boots are top of the line so you cant go wrong.

Gaerne's are nice. I like how they open up at the ankle. I never got into Tech 10's, weren't a comforting fit me...Tech 8's fit me how hershey describes tech 10 fit him. Can't go wrong by going to the shop and putting them on and taking a walk in them. Gaerne's are pre broke in aren't they? I know they have really good support and are flexible enough to not calus up your ankles/toes for the first few rides like I seem to get with a new pair.

I had sg-10s and loved them. I now have tech10s and love them even more. I hear the sg-12s are even better than sg-10s though. I kinda dont like the hassle of the inner booties on the tech-10s so much, even though they are super comfortable and provide noticeable support. They make it not as easy to put on and off, but it's worth it.

Sg12

I bought the SG12 boots at the begenning of last year. Rode/raced at least 1-2 times a week from april to november and no wear yet. Memory foam around the ankles is great... No blisters and 2 hinges really helps them feel broken in right out of the box.. One thing I will say is they run a little big. Maybe 1/2 to 1 full size big. But they are great. Ive tried on a buddies tech 10s. Didnt like the bootie. I had the fox f3 boots prior. No comparison. I also wear knee braces and its not a problem. Hope that helps.

i haven't worn alpinestars since when i was on 80s so a while now... but i did wear the top of the line gearnes for a while and loved them. im running 661 boots now and for the price they are reaaaally hard to beat...

Best advice you will find is try them both out. Either go to a shop that carries both or ask someone at track to try them on. I have both Tech 8's and SG10's would chose SG10's. Better quality boot and fit is amazing around my ankles. Tech 8's are nice, kinda my back up boots. Fit good but I don't feel the support I get with SG10s. I've heard nothing but good things about SG12's.

Back