Charleston South Carolina

Judnash

PR Addict
May have an opportunity to spend a good part of my summer in Charleston South Carolina this year. I have never been to Charleston, i have only read things and seen pictures. So if you have been there and can share any information on what its like it would be appreciated. Will probably be staying either downtown or near one of the beaches. Whats the crowd like? Hows the nightlife and lifestyle? ps im 23yrs old. Thanks in advance.

Jud - I am living on Isle of Palms as of 5/1.....you will love Chucktown....the downtown area has a lot going on...there is a University there, so you get the picture...lots of history there.....all the beaches are awesome....Folly Beach is to the south of me on IOP....it's a surfer crowd...fun vibe. The Folly Beach pier is one of the largest/longest in the country. IOP and Sullivans Island beaches are a little more family oriented.....lots of spring breakers down last weekend on the IOP beach....glad I had dark shades on walking with my two daughters on the beach......I am old, not dead....lol

If you are bringing a bike....there is a SX looking track on I-26 north of the city....and the Francis Marion Nat'l Forest has single track to ride, sort of like Michigan...lots o' sand whoops....

Lots of big cockroaches and big rats.
Skeeters will carry you off.
Humid.
Stinks.
You don't want to hear the bad stuff.
Hilton Head is better.

Jud - AHRMA361 has got it right. Charlestown is one of my favorite towns in the whole country. Great food, great history, Southern culture and slow speed to life. It's also drivable to Jacksonville, Atlanta, and just about every desired location in the South East. I've never fished out of Charlestown, but I'm sure the fishing is great too. You'll have to deal with the humidity and cockroaches, but in my opinion those are both just a great way to learn more about the world. Save up your money and eat at either the Pennisula Grill or Magnolias. Southern food at its best. And get AHRMA361 to show you what beaches he's walking on.

Back