2011/2012 hunting thread!

Kaiser 878

PR Addict
I dont know how the hell I forgot to post this but the 2011 hunting season has begun.

Anyone been turkey hunting??

I was fortunate to kill my two birds. Killed on lsat friday and killed the other yesterday! I am not turkey hunter, so I am glad I am done!

Here is the one from friday! I shot it with my bow!

HPIM2891.jpg

His buddy apparently didnt like him, after he was shot he was spurring the tar out of him!
0422111004.jpg

Here is the one from yesterday!
2011-04-27_104413.jpg

Nice!!! Supposed to show us the beard an spurs...GGGRRRRR.
Doing a good job for not being a Turkey Hunter!!! LOL
Do you go Morel hunting in the afternoons? just curious if any out yet?

Nice!!! Supposed to show us the beard an spurs...GGGRRRRR.
Doing a good job for not being a Turkey Hunter!!! LOL
Do you go Morel hunting in the afternoons? just curious if any out yet?

Well had they had good beard and spurs I would have. ha Both were jakes. But being i am not a real big turkey hunter, if they come in they are dieing. ha I didnt want to shoot hte second jake with my gun, but I had great footage and pre roll of that bird and two others comnig in gobbling their brains out. So for the videos sake, he got blasted!

I have not been mushroom hunting much. I Have found a handfull but I have not really been out much yet! I know guys are finding them like crazy right now!

Last Wed. I took a 21 pounder with a 9 1/2 inch beard and 7/8 spurs ( Quit taking turkey pics because , unlike racked deer , they all seem to look pretty much alike ! ) . Many adventures and close calls since , but just haven't sealed the deal on a second bird . Found 35 nice gray morels in one spot at Atwood last week but combed the woods for 2 more hours and never found another one . I've been hunting mostly strip mine areas which have never produced many mushrooms for me ( found a single yellow one today there ) but I'll be hitting up some better spots soon .

Shoulda known this post would be here! Like Kaiser, im not much of a turkey hunter myself, but I did get a bug up my arse over the weekend and went and picked up my license and a tag.. Couldnt find my turkey choke, so I took a crossbow (Legacy 225) since I dont currently own a compound (the Element is calling my name. if I cant afford that, then the Assassin will do).. Went out sunday morning.. Didnt hear or see a single bird in my spot in Gurnsey.. Nor did I find a single Shroom! Did find one small shed though.. Ive been Shroomin more than anything.. I bet you the number of shrooms between my dad and I is nearing 4 digits, if not surpassed! Crazy part is, any where ive really gone (drivin to) go shroom hunting, I havent found crap. Everything seems to be around my house! Got one nice little public spot on my way to work ive probably pulled a pound out of the past 2 days.. Im hoping with another warmer sunny day that we get round 2! Either way, I think I may try my spot in Holmes this weekend for a bird, then maybe try to find more shrooms.. Never had luck down there for shrooms though..

Scored on my 2nd Gobbler Friday , three weeks after the first one . Started to think it wasn't going to happen because every time I would zig they would zag , or a hen would come in and bust me , or .......... you know how it can go . This one weighed just over 19 lbs. , had a really thick 10 in. beard , and spurs just under an inch . I really think this was an older bird that had run himself ragged with all the hens in the area . Mushroom hunting kind of fizzled for me . I even went to my best spot of all time at Leesville Lake and only came back with 4 . With all this rain they might keep coming though . Now that the turkey tags are filled I can go after the shrooms a bit harder . Anybody else having any luck ?

Well fellas, its killing time.! I had to work the first two days of season. But tomorrow, its gonig to be a bad day for the birds!

Nice to know that people on here are hunters as well as racers. We just got back from hunting caribou in Nunavut, Canada, and we're leaving this friday on a moose hunt in Newfoundland. Busy year... Can't wait to get in a tree stand as well.

Good to have you on here with us . Quite a few of us are hunter/racers . How did you do on caribou ? A bull moose with archery equipment is my bucket list , dream hunt and Newfy was one of the destinations I was considering . You'll have to fill us in when you get back . Good luck !

Thanks! I was able to fill both tags, but sadly not with my bow. The cover up there was much more sparse than I had hoped for. Hopefully I'll have some luck in Newfoundland and arrow a moose. I have a caribou tag for up there as well, so it should be a great trip.

CIMG0257small.jpgCIMG0343small.jpg

Back