What sanctioning body has the best riders???

19watson91

PR Addict
With the racing season under way, we are in a very unique area where we can hit 6 sanctioning bodies all within 2 hours... So here the question for some good arguments.... Who do you believe has the best riders?? whether it be CRA, OHMX,PAMX,WNYMA,CNYMA,or District 5.... feel free to add your district due to I am located close to these 6...

Here is what I think you should base you decision on:

Skill level for the classes ( start at 50s to 450s,the ones that stand out in your mind not only the money classes)
How their turn outs are..( sizes of the gates)
Track that the races are held on..( track prep, owners that care,flow of the tracks,Who shows up at those tracks)

use this in deciding your answer,the best riders ride at the best tracks, right or so we think....

have fun with this and back your answer...you will be amazed at every answer that comes out of this...

Hers what I came up with,

Track
T.V land swings hard for Cra....April and Trevor go to great lenths to put on a good show, but they just cant land large gates in Money classes....but the minis classes are growing with that new life that our sport needs...

Turn Outs
Area 51 has a great amount of riders from 50s to moneys classes, to big at times with races starting before 9:30 and ending at 8:00p.m. we are talking 500-600 every race

Skill level
Tie CRA/OHMX is split on this as are PAMX and D5.... and whatever mix you come out with... There are a lot of loyal riders in Cra who dont want that AMA race feeling and then the Beast of PAMX that has over $50,000 in contingency money for selected classes... the skill level is amazing now with riders in the 50s classes going to Lorrettas and doing rather well...

So who has the best rides???? thats up to you to see this year at the tracks!!!!

Currently…???? That’s open for dispute, but I would have to say that GLMX, D15 has historically produced the largest number of riders that have made it the farthest.<O:p</O:p

OK. I have a unique perspective having raced many of those organizations, Plus MDRA6, MDRA 7, MAMA and District 6. Look at the map, I live right in the center of PA.

Every track, without exception has at least one guy who has it dialed. I think you should ask which organization is the best to race in. Now that is what you really want answered!!

I personally like CRA best, but never knew about it till after Steel City National last year. You guys have one of the best promoters (Trevor Vines) and his track is both safe and challenging at the same time. No Quads to ruin every corner and rut. Real motocross racing. Same for Big Game. That dirt is great (at least in September and October of last year). Old school, sweeping corners, fast and plenty of passing room. No, no contingency races, but if your doing it for that, your doing it for the wrong reason and you have lost what it is all about: FUN!!

BTW, CRA tracks are like 180 to 240 miles away. I know at TV Land and Big Game, I didn't get home till 7, but this is after a 3-3.5 hour drive (Almost all interstate) PAMX is closer, but I wouldn't get home till like 11 or 12 sometimes.

Also, in the PAMX and MDRA racing, along with MAMA racing (Budds Creek and lower PA and MD) they run A,B and C 85 classes. Man it just PROMOTES SANDBAGGING. Starting Kids out at 10 just to win a class for contingency, PLEASE!! What are we teaching the children!! Did I mention they run like 45 classes last year at a PAMX race? With all the Quad and Bike classes, you get very little ride time and you go stir crazy just sitting around all day so you run another class (another 30-35 dollars). Maybe that was the intention, I don't know. So you leave the track at dark, drive home and wow, your tired till like Tuesday!

These other Tracks also run +30 A ,+30 B and +30 C classes. Same for 35 and 40 . Anyhow to my point. SANDBAGGING is so prevalent in those classes because they get maybe 3 A riders and 15 B riders. Guess who makes more money? BINGO! B riders, because of contingency. It is just so messed up when a B rider passes nearly all the A riders on a stagger. So since the B riders make more money.....you get the picture of what happens to the A class.

I personally don't like all the classes like that. Just too much 'baggin going on. Big debate in District 6 (Eastern Pa and NJ)about it and it tore the district apart this year. What are they trying to do? Give every kid an award ? Make a D class so Johnny Senior in the + class and Johnny Junior in the 65 class can win a class with 4 people? Then the promoters wonder why every one is quitting the sport? People are still riding, either off road stuff, which is growing in tremendous popularity in NJ and Eastern Pa, or they just do practice days, cause they want to ride. They don't want to sit around all day in their van or pickup truck. Think about it, that's why everyone in MX thinks they need a Toyhauler or RV: They sit all day at the races, with very little ride time. I did my first Grand Prix ever at TV Land last year and that was some real fun. Didn't know what I was doing for a couple of laps, but after that, it was like any other racing after I figured out I had to last 50 minutes and not just 10. After arriving 3 hours prior, me and my boy were back on the way home. No RV needed for that. Just like the old days, if anyone on here is that old!

Anyhow, back to some other district stuff. D5, well they get like 50 or so for a turnout, and the riders of of a low quality. No LL kids there, in my opinion. They just don't have it together. I tried to support them last year, but they had some real issues. PAMX is just a big money making machine that lost a BUNCH of riders in 2009. Last year they had some crowds that were very small, judging by the trackside software reports. Didn't do any. Plus , they might have national tracks, but they pull the people off and throw them in the meat wagon like an assembly line. If you mention to anyone that this kinda seems unsafe or that seems dangerous, they just tell you to "Deal with it. If your going to run Loretta Lynn's, you better learn to ride it!" Sorry, we aren't all in it to make a career out of it. My chances ended about 1985 when I quit being a Pro, and my kid isn't going down that road because he isn't RC. Who is that you know?

WNYMA had some good riders and races. Sorry, haven't raced there in about 10 years, so I can't give any info on that. Same for CNYMA. Sorry.

So anyhow, if you can, I would support the CRA as much as you can because I think it's the best organization at the moment. AMA drops the ball all the time on all kinds of offroad stuff (CPSC lead ban law, Mass offroad recreation law that just passed), so I don't think they give you much. They say they are protecting my right to ride? Yeah right! I am lucky, since 10 years ago I haven't had to pay for a card, since at 25 years of membership, I now am a lifelong member. I think the card is worthless, in my opinion, in protecting my right to ride. At least it seems to me that the CRA is about the racers and they are for the racers. People made me feel welcome, and I didn't know ANYONE at the first race we did at the TV Land Rock and Roll ride. I was pleasantly please by the racers and promoters, and it left an impression.

Yeah, I vented here a little, but this has been building for about 3 years since PAMX organizers kinda destroyed D5. Then the MDRA kinda killed D6 this year. All the tracks suffer. Sorry about the rant. Yes I feel better.

Link to what has happened in Mass if you want to read. Some buddies that I practice with about 3 times a year sent it. AMA? HA! They just take.......

http://www.ijustwannarideinma.com/

If your basing your answer on the money classes, then go to D6 area. They routinly have 25-35 guys in the 250a and 450a classes. Just a long haul for you.

WNYMA has great tracks- no quads, they get pretty rough, big elevation changes, and safe. Long motos too and usually saturday practice. Pro payout is solid and they usually get around 7-15 pro riders. Pavilion is a lot like Unadilla, probably my favorite. But I didn't like that when it rained they canceled the 2nd set of motos due to rain and sometimes the days were really long because of the long motos (better than 8 minute motos). The pros weigh the cons for me if you haven't raced WNYMA try it out.

Back