Whats the difference

Schwindy482

PR Member
I am looking into cams for my bike i priced hotcams and pro circut. There is a huge price difference, is there a reason for that besides the name?

I would go with the hot cams, I ran hot cams before and i loved them. If the pro circuit ones are better it would only be a little bit. Sp, your basically paying more for the name.

250 or 450, if your talking a 450 id save your money and spend it elsewhere. I have a Pro Circuit cam in my CRF 450 and cant feel a power difference. 250 is a diffenet story, I've ridden full Pro Circuit bike that ran amazing

i hear je and pro circut

Either, Im pretty sure JE piston is same one you get in Pro Circuit box. At least it was same on my 450. As for other options im sure any other high compression piston is as good as other. The key to building power is air flow through the head.

More on your cams, im pretty sure Pro Circuit uses oem cams then welds and regrinds to desired lobes. Hot Cams casts there own cam. If I had to chose, id go with Pro Circuit. I've seen used cams on ebay go pretty cheap and very rarely do I see cams go bad. Material of cam is way harder than the surface it mates with. Pro Circuit is a great company to deal with from my expirences

Back