Vegas SX champioship scenarios

iZapp

PR Member
Was bored at work this morning and got to thinking...

Going into the event, the top four riders are all THEORETICALLY in contention for the championship… RV is in a pretty good spot, unless Reed takes him out.

“Villopoto Champion”
• He can finish 5th with no other stipulation (he’ll tie Reed in points but has more wins)

“Reed Champion” scenario:
• Reed must win
• Villopoto 6th or worse

“Dungey Champion”
• Dungey must win
• Villopoto 9th or worse
• Reed 3rd or worse

“Stewart Champion”
• Stewart must win (everyone ends up tied for 2nd)
• Villopoto 20th or DNF
• Dungey 8th or worse
• Reed 11th or worse

if one of the last 2 scenarios happen, stewart and dungey need to put their life savings on black jack or something while theyre in vegas, because thats some insane luck.

I would love to see Reed win the championship.......... just because he went out on his own and did it his way.......... but I don't think there are 4 other riders that can beat Villopoto left riding at this point besides Reed. RV just has to stay away from Reed to avoid the take out.......... and only stewart and dungey are fast enough to beat him after that...........leaving him a spot to spare. We need a Reed Holeshot and first turn crash involving RV to make this a real nail biter in my book!

with this crazy season i wouldnt surprise me to see reed and villipoto tangle and leave the door open........if villipoto throws it away, i can only imagine what mike and tony alessi will say!

Back