Willy Browning WINS Vegas!!!!!

mblair

PR Founding Father
watching the Mini Moto live feed and Willy just won the 10" Min Pro classes!!! Way to go Willy and CHP!!

make that 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Willy just won the 12" Pro class too!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 for 3!!!! Willy won both Pro classes and the Grand Final!!! Congrads to Willy and his whole crew!!!!!!!!!

watching the mini moto live feed and willy just won the 10" min pro classes!!! Way to go willy and chp!!

Make that 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Willy just won the 12" pro class too!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 for 3!!!! Willy won both pro classes and the grand final!!! Congrads to willy and his whole crew!!!!!!!!!

Pitbike King!!! Indeed!

photos from vitalmx
s780_050711minimoto028.jpg

s780_050711minimoto030.jpg

s780_050711minimoto031.jpg

s780_050711minimoto032.jpg

Willie Browning Dominates GEICO MiniMotoSX
First rider ever to win all three Expert Finals in one night!

Las Vegas, NV. (May 6, 2011) – For the past seven years, Willie Browning has been one of the favorites to win the GEICO AMA MiniMotoSX but something always prevented him from winning even one main event. But tonight, at the South Point Arena in Las Vegas, Browning dominated all three expert main events on his CHP mini bikes. He started by taking the 10 Inch Expert class victory over BBR’s Ryan Abrigo and Braaap USA’s Michael Blose. He later came back to win the 12 Inch Expert class over Derek Costella and Kyle Partridge and then took his third main even win of the night in the World Final, which takes the top three finishers in all of the premier classes. The improbable trifecta win earned Browning $9,000 for a night of mini bike racing!

The 2011 GEICO AMA MiniMotoSX, presented by Monster Energy and Braaap USA had 15 separate AMA number one plates on the line for Expert, Amateur, Vet and Youth classes. For the Experts, there was $18,000 in purse money on the line so you know that is going to lead to some intense racing.

Matthew Skerrett beat fellow Austrialian Mike Reefman in the 35+ Vet class. Tatum Sik took the lead from defending women’s champion Erika Short and never looked back to win her first MMSX over Jackie Ives and Katie Cyr. Zac Hays won the Vintage main over Shea Koester and Robert Rexrode.

Drake Williams won the 12 Inch Amateur class over Tomokuni Osada and Matthew Skerrett. Hiroshi Nakayama made the trip from Japan pay off with a victory in the 10 Inch Amateur class over Robert Rexrode and Kevin Papaeko.

10 Inch Stock/Mod was won by Clint Johnson over Duane Brown (one of the BBR brothers) and Joshua Sheffer. Tiger Lacey defended his title in the 12 Inch Stock/Mod class over Michael Horban and Drew Petrie.

The 12 Inch Youth class was won by Daniel Maynet over Kyle Davis and Dillon Drummen. Killian Woder won the 10 Inch Youth class over Dillion Drummen and Tyler Walker. Carson Brown dominated the 12 Inch Youth 9-13 year old class to make up for giving away the lead on the last lap at last year’s event. Robbie Wageman, the defending Champion finished second ahead of Zachary Bierbower.

In the Gas Versus Electric battle, the Gas bikes were given a head-start, which proved insurmountable and Shawn Rhinehart won on a Honda CRF150. Jamie Lanza was closing fast on his Zero when he was involved in a big crash trying to get into second overall. Jay Maloney was the second gas powered bike across the line followed by Blake Mitchell. Blake Mitchell was the first Electric bike across the line followed by fellow Zero pilots Chris Green and Jamie Lanza.

Results: 2011 GEICO MiniMotoSX, presented by Monster Energy and Braap USA

World Final
1: Willy Browning
2: Ryan Abrigo
3: Michael Blose

12 Inch Expert
1: Willy Browning
2: Derek Costella
3: Kyle Partridge

10 Inch Expert
1: Willie Browning
2: Ryan Abrigo
3: Michael Blose

+35 Vet class
1: Matthew Skerrett
2: Mike Reefman
3: Brent Bisbee

Women’s class
1: Tatum Sik
2: Jackie Ives
3: Katie Cyr

Vintage class
1: Zac Hays
2: Shea Koester
3: Robert Rexrode

12 Inch Amateur
1: Drake Williams
2: Tomokuni Osada
3: Matthew Skerrett

10 Inch Amateur
1: Hiroshi Nakayama
2: Robert Rexrode
3: Kevin Papaeko

10 Inch Stock/Mod
1: Clint Johnson
2: Duane Brown
3: Joshua Sheffer

12 Inch Stock/Mod
1: Tiger Lacey
2: Michael Horban
3: Drew Petrie

16 Amateur
1: Shawn Rhinehart
2: Jay Maloney
3: Blake Mitchell

Electric Bikes
1: Blake Mitchell
2: Chris Green
3: Jamie Lanza

12 Inch Youth 13-17
1: Daniel Meynet
2: Kyle Davis
3: Dillon Drummen

10 Inch Youth 13-17
1: Killian Woder
2: Dillon Drummen
3: Tyler Walker

12 Inch Youth Stock 9-13
1: Carson Brown
2: Robbie Wageman
3: Zachary Bierbower

Special Thanks to the 2011 MiniMotoSX sponsors:
GEICO, Monster Energy, Thor MX, Braaap USA, Kawasaki, Traxxas, BBR, Ride Now Powersports, CHP, TB Parts, Pitster Pro, SSR, Scott USA, 2-Up Mini’s, Zero, Brammo, US-Way, Acerbis, Planet Mini, All Access, Milestone MX Park, Thumpertalk, Leatt, Off Road Vixens.

I was working the Census early in the Spring, The weather was awful, not freezing outside, but not warm by any means, and it had been raining a steady drizzle with heavy dark looming clouds for a couple of days. The kind of weather that just makes you feel gloomy and miserable to the core. No one out, people even reluctant to answer the door let alone go outside, when along comes this "NUT" jogging up the street. As he passes I think to myself I recognize that guy from somewhere?
A few minutes later, after the guy made another lap around the 1.9 mile block at the edge of town, I take a better look at him as he ran by. Recognizing who it was I acknowledged him, cautious not to interrupt his training, it was in fact Mr. Browning.
I gotta say, that takes unsurmountable dedication and a strong will to be out in that kind of muck training. For this guy to even reply in these conditions was extraordinary, but He slowed his pace and did so with a smile. An hour later I saw him rounding the corner from the adjacent block I was now working. This is a true testament to what makes these guys who they are. True Champions, and at the end of the day its nice to see it pay off.
Great Job Willy B.

Am I the only guy that thinks the whole pit bike racing thing is stupid? Guys riding pit bikes in tennis shoes?? Why would the same AMA rules for boots be required for pit bikes? Not real smart........but I just think the whole thing is a waste.....at least they are not wasting TV time with it during the SX broadcast.

Am I the only guy that thinks the whole pit bike racing thing is stupid? Guys riding pit bikes in tennis shoes?? Why would the same AMA rules for boots be required for pit bikes? Not real smart........but I just think the whole thing is a waste.....at least they are not wasting TV time with it during the SX broadcast.

It's fun!!! I remember Willy as a little kid and he's enjoying it as much now as he did back then... Way to go!!!

Class act as always. Wow, I just believe some people.

It's fine if you don't care for it...but very uncool to state this kind of thing in a thread that's meant to give props to Willy for winning something he's been trying to win for a number of years.

I won't say stupid, but I sure don't quite get it. Willy still worked hard to accomplish this. I'll never take anything away from him there, but I will stick with the big bikes and can't wait to see my kids riding..
So congrats Willy!

While I agree about the tennis shoes thing.... I broke my ankle in four places wearing tennis on a pitbike!... to each his own.

For a guy like me who, at the age of 26, has broken 12 bones and 4 (at least) serious concussions; after 4 years of collegiate Football, Indoor/Outdoor Track, and 2 seasons of semi-pro football..... My wife will only let me ride pitbikes, and they are an absolute blast! I raced a handfull of races in "A" back in my day of big bikes, but realized I was treating this passion in my life more like a job.... Pitbikes are perfect for me. And now, with two beautiful little girls to put first in my life and a career in Human Cancer Genetics Research.... No chances will be taken for me on a 450 anymore. I can get the same adrenalin and bar banging on pitbikes.

Being able to build/fab a bike from the ground up then race it, AWESOME.

Passing most "C" riders and hanging with a few "B" riders on outdoor tracks while on a 14/12 wheeled bike, Priceless!

I know Willie and I both love to line up against big bikes on our 23hp pitters and run some hard laps..... watch sometime, maybe then a little appreciation will be given our way.

Willie is supernatural riding his 12" bike, hits jumps that some are timid to with 250f's. Nothing but good things to say about that guy! Great person, and deserves every credit he can get!

Ok, caffeine rush is over.

Pitbike racing stupid? Oh contrare mon frere. "momma always said stupid is as stupid does". What Willy can do on a pitbike is simply short of amazing. He can jump sh!t most of us shy away from on big bikes/quads for the first few rides of the year. I think a comment like that in a congratulatory thread is asinine, not stupid, but asinine. And yes asinine is spelled correctly. I mean not only is it one of the biggest pitbike races of the year, but he won all three premiere classes. It be like a vet winning 30+ a LL, and someone getting on there and stating that Vet racing is stupid. Same deal.

Good Job Willy B!!

Picture doesn't really do this little jump justice as it looks too easy here....with a corner before the jump it's actually not that easy on a big bike.

Attachments

• sequence.jpg
    sequence.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 358
Congrats to Willy. No disrepect.....I just dont get the whole pit bike thing. I am with some of the others, and would rather see something like a 2 stroke class or a stock class rather than play bikes.

Back