Broken femer 1st. time

My son Jake#525 was riding at a local track on 5-5. took a spill,broken femer right leg,ambulance ride to St. Joes Warren Ohio, Surgery on 5-6,everything went very well. Jakes been racing for 15 yrs. Jr. mini, Sr. mini, Super mini, 125-b schoolboy, 250-b, college boy, 450-b, and has raced his CRAF-500 for the last year.We have met alot of super people over the years and wouldn't change a thing. I know there are alot of riders out there that have raced and ridden with Jake. Please keep him in your thoughts and pray for speedy recovery. Thanks. Dad#426

Just pray your not like stacy. Don't know how he is still on one piece with ful function! Hope to see u back soon Jake. Heal up.

Thanks everyone,
I finally have a laptop here at the hospital. About to leave the ICU tonight to a less restricted floor. Not a fun situation to be in, but hopfully will be going home in a few more days. The femur break wasnt actuallly that bad, broke my right leg just above my asteriks brace, stupid little crash too. surgury went well, I got a rod and screws put in and actually was on crutches the next day. The day after that went downhill very quickly though. I guess I develpoed what is called fat embolism syndrome?, which can happen when breaking large bones or severe trauma. The fat cells in the marrow can get into your blood stream and cause clotting? (in my cause my lungs). My oxygen saturation dropped way down and also my blood count, had zero energy and really labored breathing. I got a few CT scans, a cardiogram?, and ultrasounds looking for clots, then sent to the ICU where I got a few units of blood, put on new medications and got breathing treatments. Was really weak and out of it for a few days there, kind of scary times. Way worse than the actual broken leg. Feeling much better now and looking to get home and start recovery.

Anyone ever experience anything like this? I be interested in hearing about it.

Hope ya feel better soon! I haven't experienced your other issue, but I have the rod in my femur too. Once you start talking about it at the track, it's crazy to see how many people have them. Hang in there!

Back