A few pics from my Vegas SX trip

mxpilot

PR Elite
I don't have the big rig camera setup I used to have, got something practical for everyday. Wished I had had it, could have gotten some really great stuff. Here's a few anyway....

The view as I entered the stadium at the one end

050711002.jpg

Ran into a couple guys we know

050711020.jpg

050711022.jpg

Caught one of Carl riding. The new camera doesn't do so well with things in motion, I got maybe 1 in every 8. Strangely enough, I got this one from my seat, most of the way across the stadium.

050711010.jpg

Cool things in the pits...strangely enough, the bikes being ridden that night were all out of sight. The RV2 bike in the pic was by the Traxxas display.

050711033.jpg

050711027.jpg

050711024.jpg

Trey Cannard was there on crutches, signing autographs and doing interviews. I like him, think he'll be a good representative of the sport as time goes on. He does a fine job already.

050711030.jpg

I'm amazed that this came out this good, shot it all the way across the stadium during opening ceremonies. Windham and Short rode down the steps, through a break in the railing and onto the track, then did their thing. Windham did the jump across 3 lanes, was incredible. He touched down and had to throw it sideways to keep on the track, and did it with a big roostertail and slide. The opening ceremonies are really impressive and they put on quite a show. The singer for the National Anthem did a good job, simple and original, and the 2 jet fighter flyby (in full afterburner) was timed perfectly to arrive at the end of the song. One of my favorite parts, with Windham's jump and stoppie.

050711056.jpg

The view from my seat. There was a frame each side of this one to catch the full interior of the stadium, plus it went outside.

050711074.jpg

Was a great trip, and a great night to be there. It was about 95 during the day, but with a nice breeze, was more than pleasant. It cooled off to the very low 70s, and was very pleasant during the evening races. I can't thank my wife and family that kicked in to send me on this trip for an early birthday present. It is among the best memories I'll have. Every moto had everyone standing throughout, mostly sitting only 4 laps per moto.

WOW! great shots! I am very envious that you were there to witness some of the best racing since the history of the sport! Great review!

Back