Malvern Racing - CRA Grand Prix Opener - Sat. May 14

MalvernMX

PR Addict
Hello Everyone,

We will be hosting the first race in the 2011 CRA Grand Prix Series.

We are putting together a 6-7 minute fast lap time course combining the motocross, trails, grass track and some natural terrain. This is our first event of this type. The course will be good for riders of all levels, our goal is a flowing course that will make it fun for the riders and create good racing.

Gate Fee: $10.00
Race Fee: $25.00

Gate Open: 1:00pm
Sign-Up: 2:00pm
Bike Racing: 3:00pm
Quad Racing: 5:00pm

GRAND PRIX
Definition: A timed event using both natural terrain and a groomed race
course. A combination of harescramble and motocross.

Available Points Awarding Classes:

Mini Cycle Classes

Youth - 12” rear tire 4 stroke without clutch stock or mod 7-12 yrs old
Youth Open - Any 4 stroke stock or mod (except 150R) 15 yrs. and under
Jr. Mini Bike - 2 stroke 12 yrs and under
Sr. Mini Bike - 2 stroke 13-15 yrs (includes the 150R)

Motorcycle Classes*

Open A 125cc - Open (Expert)
Open B 125cc - Open (Intermediate)
Open C 125cc - Open (Beginner)
Plus 30
Plus 45
*any machine with 14” rear tire or larger

Mini Quad
2 stroke to 104cc
4 stroke to 125cc

Quads
Open Quad
Senior (Plus 30)
Woodsman (Novice Beginner)

Mini Classes will run 30 minutes
Bike and Quad Classes will run 45 minutes

We will structure the classes once we have everyone signed up.

There is a possibility of Sr. Mini racing with the Bikes for 45 minutes.

Malvern Motocross Park
7310 Largo Road N.W., Waynesburg, Ohio 44688
From Canton, OH take Rt. 43 South
10 miles towards Waynesburg
Follow the Signs.

BRAP!!!

Is it going to be set up so we can run 2 classes? Open c & plus 30. Hopefully the weather holds up.

Cool. we plan to go! We had fun a TV Land Grand Prix last year. We are looking to do this and then Big Game on Sunday. First time to Ohio this year, as you guys had some shi8667 weather this spring!!

We hope the weather is good like everyone else. Maybe we will be blessed with a little rain in the morning, with overcast sky in the afternoon around the 70's, that would be perfect.

We would like to run that format, it just all depends who shows up. We think at max there will be three different groups of bikes and two groups of quads, these include youth and adult altogether. This is our first one, so we will be making some decisions the day of the race. The track will be good though, nothing hard and really enjoyable.

You will be coming through a slow scoring area, so make sure you have numbers on your bike and quads.

If we have enough for two groups of big bikes, we will put the minis in between.

Thanks everyone!

2 big bike races with the minis in between would be perfect. 2 Hudaks planning on coming down for first visit to malvern looking forward to it.

Is it to early to tell how the weather is looking? And If it gets cancelled what will happen?

Hello Guys,

It is to early for the weather, I think. We will not cancel. Rine or shine men. Just came from the track and it's looking alright, time will tell. It will be fun either way though.

I think lap times will be around 6 minutes for the average rider.

Thanks!

Hello Guys,

It is to early for the weather, I think. We will not cancel. Rine or shine men. Just came from the track and it's looking alright, time will tell. It will be fun either way though.

I think lap times will be around 6 minutes for the average rider.

Thanks!

How many laps? I thought it was timed like a hare for some off reason..

Do points count towards CRA? If so would they just go towards MX2011 or does the CRA run a GP series like the AMA? Might bring the bike out...maybe even a quad.

Race was awesome. Pretty much every guy on a bike fell over at least once. All of the quads either stalled it or high centered in a few spots. That was my first woods race and pretty much my first time in the woods on my 250R. I learned quite a bit and next weeks MX race is going to feel like nothing compared to the track we had today. I took 5th and my friend took 1st on her quad.

Edit- I also got a chance to spray SOME of the 30 pounds of mud on my bike off to find out why I had a flat rear tire after just changing a brand new tube. Found a 5" nail in it. That'll do it.

Right on

So it must have been muddy. Glad I didn't do the 220 mile trip. I waited till 11 AM to make a decision yesterday, and I am glad I didn't go. Planed on Malvern and Big Game, but that didn't work out. Weather sucks this year.

Back