Chillitown MX Grand Opening Race Weekend!

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
Chillitown MX’s Grand Opening weekend is rapidly approaching and final preparation are being made. The Chillitown staff is very excited to get our race series under way. Mother Nature has been wreaking havoc on D11 since the season started, but Chillitown will be racing this weekend come rain or shine!

Chillitown intends to start our season off with a bang by offering tons of giveaways to the racers and spectators compliments of Valero and Monster Energy along with other supporters. The Monster Energy girls will be onsite as well.

Also, we will be offering the latest installment of the MX vs. ATV video game series, MX vs. ATV: Alive, to all of our NON-money class holeshot winners on Saturday May 14th . The 2nd moto holeshot takes the prize. So start practicing those holeshots!

May 14th and 15th we will be awarding "DOUBLE POINTS" towards our Valero Championship Series year end awards, so make sure to be there this weekend to earn your extra points.

Aside from earning double points this weekend we will also be offering a BIG Pro class series end payback purse.

Open A Pro Class Valero Series Year End Payback: 1st-$1,000, 2nd-$500, 3rd-$250, 4th-$150, 5th-$100

250 A Pro Class Valero Series Year End Payback: 1st-$500, 2nd-$250, 3rd-$125, 4th-$75, 5th-$50

You must run 4 of the 6 races to be eligible for Valero series year end awards. You must be an AMA & District 11 member and ride at least 4 events in the same class to qualify for the 2011 Valero Championship Series.

Series awards will be awarded to 5th place.
Go to www.chillitownmx.com for complete details.

Friday
• Gates open at Noon
• Practice starts at 4-8
• Gates Close at Midnight so plan accordingly

Saturday
• Gates Open at 6 am
• Registration will begin at 6 am
• Practice starts at 8am
• Mandatory Riders Meeting and 1st Race program will immediately follow practice
• Intermission- track maintenance
• 2nd race program which will include Pro Practice and Pro Events to follow track shape up
• Gates Close at Midnight so plan accordingly

Sunday
• Gates Open at 6 am
• Registration opens at 6am
• Practice starts at 8 am
• Mandatory Riders Meeting immediately following practice.

WHAT YOU NEED FOR SIGN UP:
• Bracelet you received at the gate
• AMA Card and District cards needed for sanctioned events. (Either or Both can be purchased at Registration)
• Your sign up fees
• Parent or legal guardian if less than 18 yrs. old
• A notarized guardian form and minor release form if under 18 from parent if parent not attending
• Birth certificate, drivers license, or passport, or photo I.D. for age certification if asked

All races will be a two moto format
All amateur classes are 6 laps
Pro classes are 10 laps

Bike Classes:

• -50cc 4-6 yrs (per AMA Class 1)
• -50cc 7-8 yrs (per AMA Class 2)
• -50cc 4-8 yrs (per AMA Class 3)
• -50cc Extra 4-8 yrs (49-51cc) - Does not payout year end awards or points
• -65cc 7-11 yrs (59-65cc 2 stroke)
• -65cc Extra 7-11 yrs (59-65cc 2 stroke) - Does not payout year end awards or points
• -Mini Jr 7-11 yrs (79-85cc 2 stroke)
• -80cc Extra 7-11 yrs (79-85cc 2 stroke) - Does not payout year end awards or points
• -Mini Sr 12-15 yrs (79-85cc 2 stroke)
• -Super Mini 12-15 yrs (79-112cc 2 stroke/75-150cc 4 stroke)
• -Schoolboy 12-16 yrs (86-125 2 stroke/75-150cc 4 stroke) (max front wheel 19", max rear wheel 16", max wheelbase 52")
• -Schoolboy 14-16 yrs (126cc - 250cc) (NO MINICYCLES OR SUPERMINIS) (minimum real wheel 16", minimum front wheel 19")
• -125B/C (122-125cc)
• -250B (122-250cc)
• -250C (122-250cc)
• -Open B (122cc-Open)
• -Open C (122cc-Open)
• -Collegeboy 14-24yrs (122cc-Open)
• -Open A (122cc-Open)
• -250 A (122-250cc)
• -25+ A (122cc-Open)
• -25+ (122cc-Open)
• -30+ A (122cc-Open)
• -30+ (122cc-Open)
• -40+ (122cc-Open)
• -Women's 12 yrs+ (99-250cc)
• -Girls class( 9-15 yrs) 79cc –105cc 2 stroke (max rear wheel 16”, max front wheel 19”, max wheelbase 52”)
• -Pit Bike (12yrs+ 50-143cc 4 stroke) - Does not payout year end awards or points

Quad Classes:

• -Quad A/B (16 yrs+)
• -Quad C (16 yrs+)

Must be at least 3 riders to make a class.

Race Fees:

-$30.00 - purse classes
-$25.00 1st Class
-$20.00 2nd Class
-$15.00 3rd Class

Camping: (gates open Friday at noon)
• $25 per night with hook-ups
• $5 per night Primitive Camping Area - NO utility hook-ups allowed in this designated area!
• All campers must also pay gate admission.
• Camping spots includes electric and water hook-ups
• Free Dumping station available upon departure
• Each campsite will accommodate one camper and two automobiles.

Gate fees:
• Chillitown MX Weekend Pass (Friday - Sunday admission) $20.00
• Friday only Pass - $5.00 (Friday practice admission fee only applies on race weekends, and will NOT be applied on normal open practice days throughout the season)
• Saturday only Pass - $10.00
• Sunday only Pass - $10.00
• Children 5 and under free- all riders must pay admission

excited for this weekend, as long as the "R" word stays away!

If I plan on coming early am Saturday then race and camp Saturday night, but leave in the am Sunday. Will I need to pay for both a Saturday and Sunday pass?

I don't think I can make it, but I will say you guys have really made an impression coming onto the scene. Very professional in everything I've seen so far, looking forward to sometime making it down that way! Kudos on everything so far, hope it goes great for you!

Was hoping to go today to race......raining here at my house, so I supposed it was going to be wet and nasty there too. Maybe next time.

what a great weekend at chillitown would recommend everyone check out next race. Lots of give aways great track maintence was dry all weekend except one of my motos on sat. but they had it race ready again for the after 4 races. It was sad that not more people showed up these guys are top notch.

My family and I went down for friday and saturday. I knew it was going to be a risk with the hit and miss weather but it payed off. These people have put a TON of work and money into making this facility. I have been to several tracks that have been running for years and are not ran nearly as well. To think that this was thier first event and things will no doubt get even better, wow.Definetly a first class event!! Stumpy it was great racing with you and nice to meet you and your group of guys. Jason

Dang......I am an hour west of the track and it rained hard here most of the day on Sunday.

We got really lucky with the rain. Most of the nasty stuff missed us and the rain we did get actually helped the track conditions. It was a little greasy right at after it rained but within one race it was back to tacky.

All of us here at Chillitown MX would like to thank all of the awesome riders and spectators that came out and joined us this weekend and helped make our first race weekend a success. We would also like to send a big thank you out to the vendors and sponsors that came out and supported us this weekend. Thank you again and hope to see you all soon!

Back