Do you run 100LL Avgas in your bike?

1foxracing

PR Addict
If so the airport in New Philadelphia is walk in & self service. You just need a credit or debit card and put "cash" in when the machine ask for a tail number. Todays price was $5.60/Gal, I don't know how that compares to race fuel today but maybe it is cheaper.
I use it for all my 2-stroke lawn equipment (weed wacker, hedge trimmers, leaf blower, & chainsaws) I use to have problems with the regular pump gas and the ethanol in it absorbing water out of the air. I know ethanol fuel causes many problems for people that run 2-stroke outboard motors as well and some marinas you can purchase non-ethanol fuel from.
Anyway if your coming down this way to ride you can purchase the fuel there hassle free.

I had heard some years back that av fuel was bad to run in 2 stroke bikes. Maybe I was misinformed, thats about a buck cheaper a gal !

The AV fuel is designed to be run at a constant rpm and I believe prop efficiency decreases after 2,100 rpms so that is where they run them. That is the only reason I could think of not to run it. If that is even a reason.

I used to run it in race cars. I know a few guys in Michigan that run it in their bikes. The deposits are supposed to help the ring wear. I know it never vapor locked like race gas did sometimes.

Back