Anybody see these Hagon M/C shocks?

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
I was looking into a relatively inexpensive upgrade for the rear shock on my 150F, and came across this Hagon piece. Looks like they have alotta twin shock, and monoshock apps. They seem a bit less expensive than Works, and look to be of decent quality. --Tony C

hagonshocksusa.com

I look into them for my daughter's 79 CR 125 & while inexpensive they were not rebuildable so am guessing they are similar to Progressive.

Ohlins are getting up the so we just bought a part of Works with triple rate spring & threaded preload for only 450 bucks as they seems to good quality & value for an B or C rider.
If you are running Expert I would cough for Ohlins as they are the best.

Guees like anything you pretty much get what you pay for.

Maico Mark

It says that they're rebuildable on their site? I see what ya mean about Works though. I have Works on some of my rides. If set up properly-- they work pretty well IMO. Problem is that they seem to like to compensate for not running the correct spring rate (they don't have 20 spring rates for every given shock-- maybe 3 if you're lucky. So they try to make a spring work across a range of 60 lbs. of rider weight instead of 20-30) by massaging the hydraulics of a shock. I'm going to be ordering a Works for one of my rides pretty soon, but I'm getting a custom spring from Cannon Racecraft, then sending it to Works so they can valve my shock to that spring rate. We'll see how it goes. I think Race Tech is probably a bit better, but at least 2X what a Works costs.

I think I'd prefer an Ohlins to anything else if they made a shock for the app I was looking for. Does Ohlins do vintage/custom shocks? Gotta be big bux, no? --L*64

I see a lot of Ohlins at the AHRMA races.
Vintage and post vintage bikes.
Steve Marpes in SC is the guy to talk to.
He's on Marks Swapmeet.

Back