Log Road pre-entries are up on the AHRMA site

halffast

PR Elite
62 VIN and 56 PV . Sure there will be some post-entries but this is a sad turnout for one of the best run events in the east .

I saw the pre entries a couple of hours ago and I thought it was low myself.
Did you see the pre entries for Lackeys race? Respectable.

Good luck to those who go as Jeff & crew put on a first class event!

Classes look real light with only 1 rider in many of them & it look like 3 or 4 moto’s per day could be possible.
Wonder if the $4 a gallon crap is keeping people closer to home?
Maybe you will get lucky & get 6 or 7 laps!!!

We are out as my back is still not right & having hand surgery on Tuesday to get a lump in my palm removed. Not sure what it is but hopefully it is nothing too bad.

Though about taking the kid but with all the rain she has not gotten to ride much this year & that track is
pretty demanding (in a good way).

Guess the Post Entry crap puts a damper on things when you combine that with $190 for gas to take the
toy hauler & guessing around 60 bucks in tolls make each lap pretty expensive unless 2 or more are riding.

Hope they keep it going as Log Road does a great job for the AHRMA races.

Maico Mark

Log road is running modern support classes along w/ the vintage races. Taking the 05 YZ along for some more laps on that great track. Where is all the support from Northeast Ohio doesn't anyone race their vintage / post vintage bikes ?

Hey Mark,

The "Post Entry crap" is now only an extra ten bucks for the first class....no extra for additional classes. That is for each day, so the most a guy would have to pay is an extra twenty.

But, even that can be avoided at Log Road! Below, is the text copied from an email received from the Log Road folks. That might help.

There is no help for the fuel costs and toll booth extortion, however.

"This weekend should be cool as the AHRMA brethren come a calling at the track when Vintage MX comes to race Log Road MX. If you are not pre-entered, no worries, you can still sign up at the track with no penalty. The weather looks nearly perfect both days with dry air and temps in the mid-seventies.

We will be offering modern support classes on by Saturday and Sunday, so bring out the long travel machines as well for riders 16-102 years old.

Gates open Friday night, gate fee is $25 for both days or $15 per day and racing is $30 per class. The track and grounds are in great shape and we look forward to seeing every one at Log Road MX.

Can’t make this weekend? Our next GLMX race weekend is May 28th & 29th and our next Vintage MX and Open Ride takes place on Monday, May 30th. Hope you can join us for some holiday weekend fun!"

Bart, Amy & Keegan and Jeff & Cathy
Log Road Motocross

Where is all the support from Northeast Ohio doesn't anyone race their vintage / post vintage bikes ?

Kind of weird, seems like we all go in cycles. In 2009 I hit all the Nationals with a bunch of people, but now we are all doing some modern bike racing (like Loretta Lynn's qualifiers).

Just too much to try and do both in one season. Maybe I will come back next season and hit a bunch of AHRMA races again. This year likely my only old bike rides will be at Mid Ohio and High Point.

Don't know if anyone saw this as I got an e-mail from Log Road a few weeks back:

This is to cool… six time AMA National & Supercross Champion, Jeff Stanton, will be doing a Motocross school at Log Road MX on Friday, May 20th from 9am to 4pm @ $225 per student which will include lunch and a T-Shirt. Space is limited, for more information contact Bart Newman at vcvrace@aol.com or 269-274-8926

Back