Quaker Steak & Lube pitbike race- Sheffield, OH

hersh552

PR Addict
JUNE 2nd! There will be a pitbike race at the Quaker Steak & Lube in Sheffield, OH (5-10 min from RAMJAM). There has not been anything like this in the Northeast Ohio area before now. Its also "bikenight" that night and the parkinglot will be FULL of streetbikers wanting to see some ACTION!

The track will be 90% dirt. There is an empty lot next to The Lube that we are using. The holeshot will be on the asphalt. Track will be designed next week. BIG bowl turns, a roller section and much more!

Sign-up from 6-7pm with practice and racing to follow. $20 a class.
Probable classes: 12" Open, 12" stk/mod, 10" stk/mod, Vet (+35), Youth (12 & under)

Come out and enjoy the action! grab that old Z-50 outta the shed and mix it up!

There will be more of these events at this location if we get a good turnout.

Jay Hershey (if interested in sponsoring this event contact me 440-213-8041)

Took the track builder out to the Lube to show him the space we will be using...and his jaw DROPPED! WE have approximately 2 acres of space to use! WE probably wont use it all...but what a blank canvas to start with....it will be really nice. The track will be built this weekend so it can harden up by next week.

The staff at the Lube is very enthusiastic about the event and are supporting this event in every way possible. They are providing ALOT of space and giving us free reign to design a fun/safe track for racing. In years past, we raced at The Lube in Sharon, PA. That track was essentially a trail 4 to 8 foot wide with a long straightaway leading onto the asphalt with a couple of corners. Track prep took 30mins max! There will be a full track built at The Lube in Sheffield, OH for this race!

Vet classes will be allowed to run trail bikes like TTR125's and Klx 140's. These machines are not pitbikes, but we are allowing them for this race. Kids! Bring out the XR50 or any kind of pitbike for that matter. We will find a class for YOU!

Jay. contact me with any questions 440-213-8041

All you mx'ers with pitbikes... come on out!... a lot of fun and food. QS&L have a lot of stuff planned this summer....... I'll be working... so stop by and say hi. Jodi

See you there.
155090_1730479268152_1423590023_31834842_2202324_n.jpg

still going on talked to jay yesterday.

i need to get a decent pit bike setup for dirt. my 50 is all for street/stunt and i got a piranha 125 but its sketchy and runs like poo right now

hey guys...sorry no track pics. I don't know how to resize them from my phone. BUT....its BIG and safe. I am leaving work now to go put banners up and course markers out. It has two lanes that have 3 rollers, a tabletop, big sweeper on dirt, small jump section with different option on each side of the track, cool asphalt section too!

hope too see some familiar faces tonight!
any questions today...call or text me 440-213-8041
Jay

I did! awesome track.. Decent size, it was my first pitbike race and I really liked it! There was a pretty good turnout I didnt think there would be that many bikes. I raced 50 stock class and got beat by some kid on a not so stock 50 lol. it was still a good time though.. Clearly I need to make my "stock" 50 a little bit more "stock" for these kinds of things.. I will do that again.

Back