Jake#525 back in hospital

Well Jake made it home for sat/sun. He was in alot of pain and his leg started to swell,after a call to the Dr. he ended up back in St. Joes. Blood cot in his right leg. Vascular surgeon installed a screen in a main artery and did a ''roto-rooter''on his thigh. That was scary! He is feeling a whole lot better today! Maybe a couple of more days in the hospital and then he can come home! OK, I'm goin back to hang out. John#426

Well Jake made it home for sat/sun. He was in alot of pain and his leg started to swell,after a call to the Dr. he ended up back in St. Joes. Blood cot in his right leg. Vascular surgeon installed a screen in a main artery and did a ''roto-rooter''on his thigh. That was scary! He is feeling a whole lot better today! Maybe a couple of more days in the hospital and then he can come home! OK, I'm goin back to hang out. John#426

Scary stuff!!! Any of that gets loose and makes it to the Brain and STROKE's the word. Not trying to scare anyone or be a bummer, but I new a young man (MID 20's) who passed away from that very condition, Much more serious than one might expect, Took everyone by surprise, couldn't believe it.
Hope all goes well, and no further set backs. GET WELL SOON.

Im feeling a little better today, just hate being stuck in a hospital bed. The doctor's have me on a few different medications to thin my blood, which they arre monitoring pretty closely. The swelling in my leg is almost completely gone and it looks a ton better. I still may be stuck here a few more days while they get my blood levels to where they want them. Here's a few pictures of the leg after surgery. I was a little concerned about the piece that seems to be floating around, but the surgeon assured me it will heal properly. Anyone else here ever broken their femur and feel like sharing???

leg#2.JPGleg#3.JPGleg#1.JPG

Back