Great turnout for Tanner Stine Benefit at Malvern. Thanks to everyone!

JGreen

PR Founding Father
Well, bitter sweet night for us at Malvern tonight. Missing Tanner, but Meeting a lot of good hearted people and had a successful night selling the wrist bands to help out the Stine Family. Raffle did well also. Jarrett did a great job with a short memorial service for Tanner before racing got under way.
Heading to Crow Canyon in a couple hours to set up again. Unfortunately for those wanting a wrist band, we sold all of the 400 wrist bands at Malvern. 250 the first hour! But we will be accepting donations for the next batch of wrist bands that are on order. I will be taking names and a phone number of those wishing to do this. I will make SURE that you receive your bands as soon as they arrive and that the Tanners Family gets 100% of the proceeds. (approx 12-15 days for next batch of wrist bands) We will also have some great items to raffle off to help the Stine Family. Again I apologize for running out of the wrist bands.

Its great to see that many people show up and suport a fallen rider and his family. Someone once said the best and the worst part of this sport is the people in it and I never realy understood it till last night. We as a motocross family are very competitive and very proud people, we love good hard racing and spend a ton of money and time doing what we love and sometimes the racing gets the best of us and the will to win is in the parents alittle more than the riders sometimes and thats where some tension comes into our sport and parents start to take the fun away from racing and puts pressure on the rider. I have had my share of opinions on this forum and others and have bumped heads with many others and Im sure alot of others have had issues with other riders and many fights on the net and at the track BUT when it comes down to a fallen rider we all share the same feelings and will give or do anything and everything to suport the famileys involved. We as a motocross family will fight like brothers and sisters at times but at the end of the day we will stand side by side and take on anything that comes our way together and give the shirts of our back to a fellow mxer in need.

Great job to the green family for stepping up and playing a big role in such a time of need for a great family and a well loved little rider. #75 will never be forgotten and will live on in our hearts forever.

Thanks Scott. It truly was an amazing weekend. A lot of people opened their hearts and really showed a lot of kindness and compassion for the Stine Family. Our group was just small piece of the puzzle, but AJ and I couldn't have done it without the help of the Owens Family and Obester Family. AJ, Ryan and Gus started everything in motion. The boy's did a great job and have really grown through this tragedy and loss of their good friend Tanner. I just want to personally say thanks to Malvern for Saturday and Crow Canyon for Sunday. Between the 2 events we raised a very nice sum of money to help out our friends, Terry, Tracie, Shannon and Brittany. I am very Glad we could be apart of something so wonderful.

AMAZING!!! The power of love is real. Saturday was a spectacular testimony to that. The lap with all the riders...life changing! FOR YOU TANNER!!!

Just to share with everyone who wasn't there...

Tanner Stine Memorial Service

Victory: achievement of mastery or success in a struggle or endeavor against odds or difficulties.

On Saturday May 7, 2011 at Malvern Racing; Tanner Stine threw roost for the last time winning the overall in Schoolboy with perfect 1-1 moto finishes. Tanner achieved victory while up against struggle, odds, difficulties, and competitors. Tanner had a persevering riding style; always trying to be better and push harder. Tanner raced with passion and enthusiasm that only someone who loves riding could. Tanner hated losing or having a bad race; but as life goes, the rainy days make us thankful for the sunny days.

Off the track, Tanner was a humble boy and approachable by all. Tanner is loved by all of us; Tanner is a friend to all of us. I don’t recall ever seeing Tanner take any frustration from the racetrack past the checkered flag. Tanner was a true competitor on and off the track. Tanner and his family were usually the first people to the track; they love motocross and love the motocross family. That’s what we are; a family of motocross every weekend at the track.

We are fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters; we are bonded by a deep passion for riding and racing. We spend a lot of time together at the track developing real and personal relationships. We rejoice in seeing a fellow rider out in the world away from the track, a bond inseparable by the world.

Today our hearts are heavy with sorrow; we have lost a beloved brother: young Tanner Stine. We all realize the risk involved with this great sport of motocross. What do you think Tanner would say to us if he were here today? Just like the rest of us, Tanner would tell us to keep riding; Tanner loved riding and wouldn’t want us to quit. We grow to what is happening here today; unity! We are united today as a family, caring for and protecting each other.

Today is not a day to ask God why? Today is a day to honor a fallen brother, to look to God and ask Him; what can we learn from this? Personally, looking into my heart and life; some questions arise that could be the same for each of us; asking what have I done with the life that is given me? Are the relationships in my life rooted in love and truth? How do I need to mature and grow up? Am I thankful for what has been given me?

In honoring Tanner Stine, we each should take a close and honest look at our hearts and lives to consider our ways, our paths, our desires and our intentions. We should not stand by idly in sorrow and pain, but press forward remembering Tanner Stine however he has touched each of our hearts. That we may continue to stand shoulder to shoulder a more close motocross family, a more pure people with hearts that are willing and resolved to keep pressing forward no matter the struggle, odds, difficulties or enemies in our lives. We must go on! We must ride on in your roost Tanner! That would truly be honoring our fallen friend, brother, and son. We need each other, we must love each other! We need God and his Son Jesus Christ!

The Bible says:
Matthew 22:35-40
Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

John 14:1-6, 27
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

John 3:15-17
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world though him might be saved.

This is a time to remember and honor young Tanner Stine, this is also a time to trust God and receive Jesus Christ as Saviour!

#23, I really appreciate your comment. I absolutely love doing the gate deal. This race was a bit challenging. Next time your down there, please intorduce yourself.

Hey Chris. I miss you! What part of the U.S. are you in now? Thank you for the kind words, the mean alot coming from you. I wish you were still here in Ohio. How are you doing?

Very nice and touching memorial. Tanner was a great kid; everyone loved him and he will be sorely missed. There sure was a lot of love shown by all last week and I'm sure it meant so much to Terry, Tracie, Shannon and Brittany. The MX community is a great family, and we're proud of everyone that made last Saturday happen.

Dan

Living in New Jersey now, just moved into our new house this weekend. Things are going OK, but I wish I were still there too. Can't complain though, have had much better weather than you've been having there.

Good on you for your memorial message, good choices of scripture.

About an hour and a half to the one I've gone to so far, about an hour to another that I can't seem to keep track of the schedule. Think that one is mainly SX-style anyhow. Going to try to go this week, since we're mostly in now. Bikes come to the new house tomorrow!!

Glad to hear life is good for you and your family. I sure do miss ya. I will give you a call here soon. Thank you for the kind words brother!

Hi everyone. Just wanted to wanted to let you know I recieved the second order of "Tanner Stine Never Forget #75" wrist bands and will have them at Malvern's Pro Day race. So if you purchased one on the May 21st race after we ran out and I have your name listed you can pick them up Saturday June 4th at Malvern. I will also have approx another 75-100 wrist bands if any who didn't get one wants to purchase one. Again the money collected will be sent to the Tanner Stine Family. Those of you who purchased (ordered one) one from me at the Crow Canyon race I will be getting them together and sending to AES for you to pick yours up. If you are going to be at Malvern Saturday you can pick them up there also.
Thank you.
Jim Green

Back