Remember When it Was All New???

fmxpaul

PR Addict
Man, I sure do remember when being on a bike was great and it didn't matter if we were in a grassy field or on a track with jumps that made us so scared that we couldn't sleep the nights before we went. I posted earlier this spring about getting back on a bike after a few years off and that I'd be taking a bunch of straight up beginners with me. Everyone has been really good and safe- having fun, no worries. One new guy in particular has been a "diamond in the rough". He's got no real MX experience, but somehow he just understands where his body needs to be on the bike when things go wrong OR right, for that matter.
It's been such a joy riding with guys that have no idea, yet watching them progress and honestly get better every single time they get on the bike. They get so excited when they have the slightest of victories and it just makes me glad to be a part of all this again. It's almost like a new girlfriend- When it's new, it's the coolest thing you've ever seen and these guys are doing so well, I think this one bud has simply natural talent. Should've had him on a track 10 years ago. Just posting that it's once again, a total thrill to be on our bikes.

Video

Here's a little video of the fun from Beans today. Yeah, yesterday would have been better with the track prepped and BJ not breaking his collar bone but dry ruts sure did teach one of our guys a lesson or two. We were unloading the bikes and he said "hey man, I think theres something wrong with this KTM. It must be the suspension or the tires or something. It just WILL NOT go through the ruts, I wanna sell it and get a new bike". HAHAHHAHAHAHA I laughed so much... man, it's not the bike... heheheh it was a blast today.

http://youtu.be/O0nSiHgljIM

Back