Anyone race COCR this past weekend?

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Just curious. Haven't seen anything about it. MX on Saturday and GP on Sunday. How was it?

raced there sat. dust before practice was over holes in faces no changes and they wonder why no turn out!!!

yeah i was there and it sucked rain ruts every where absolutely no change to track in 2 years jump faces sucked grass knee high dozer operator was a kid did not know anything . my dad is dozer operatoy he offered to run dozer and they tryed to get us to join the club for 100.00 bucks for a track that is going down hill bad fast cocr members need to open there eyes wide open NOW

I went two years ago......track maintenance that day was very questionable, and I said something to them about it that day. I have not been back since. Dayton Motorcycle Club raced Sunday. Smaller turnout than normal for them. I think the total was around 185 riders. Track was in great shape though, and held up pretty good all day. So much moisture in the ground, all they would do was disc it, and it looked like fresh watered tack.......that does not happen too often.

This is sad to see! We received lots of compliments on the event weekend. We had all the jumps tracked in with the dozer, all the track worked with the tractor, no mud spots from the excessive rain we had received, and again alot of freebies being handed out! The only bad part of the weekend was the pump going out on the water truck. Even then everyone was understanding and said it wasn't that bad. So again THANK YOU for everyone coming out to supporting COCR, and thanks to everyone for the compliments on the weekend!

To address the comments above, with all the rain we have had the track was VERY wet Friday. After practice there was some dust starting to develop in the main line on some faces. Without watering the faces that was out of our control. As far as the faces go, every jump was tracked in by the dozer before the race Friday night and even Saturday morning. Changes to the track this year have been very hard to arrange with the weather we had leading up till now.

Next post. Several members including myself were discussing track changes for the future and arranging members who were good on a dozer to help, at that point we were interrupted and told if we needed a dozer operator he would do it for a free membership. He was told our membership is $50 to sign up and $5 a year following and we were all volunteers. He didn't like that answer.
Our dozer operator was doing a great job. He went to school to operate heavy equipment and had no other complaints! We had several riders complement the track and thank him for helping! Any rain ruts were off the track, we recommend riding on the course where we have chisel plowed and prepared the entire track. Again knee high grass was not in the pits, nor the spectators area. There was no part of the designated track where you should have been riding in grass... stay on the track!

John you should come check out our next event! COCR has been working very hard to fix the problems of past seasons and become a primer facility for our racers. Though it is something that will not happen overnight, we all are working hard to reach that goal. This year alone has show lots of new changes and a steady climb back to where we need to be as a racing facility!

Again thank you to everyone who has continued to support COCR and who has recognized the effort being set forth to become the track you want it to be! Check out our new web site, and see ya at the next race!

WWW.cocrmx.com

you say that you are working hard to make COCR what it used to be, but all of the comments above are saying that nothing has changed? pretty much your entire write up was either making excuses for whats wrong or telling someone to "ride on the track not the grass"? this pretty much sounds like the same way COCR has been for the last few years. where and what are you doing to "fix the problems of the past seasons"? I have been going to COCR since the early 80's, now i go maybe once a year and everytime i am reminded why i go once a year!!

I think alot of what hurts COCR is the clay they have to work with for dirt and in my opinion they need to try to put a tru outdoor type track design out there to ride jumps are the focal point of the track as it sits right now I think in the big picture that model of track has hurt the sport more than it has helped. Alot of hard working members making hard effort out there anyone that questions that should go out and work an event

I am with Blair.......been going there since the late 80s here. Had one major shoulder injury there (my fault).....but had a friend break his foot after hard pack had been watered and not disced. Used to like the track, but the prep on race day has been my biggest gripe......I am sure I will be back, I usually make it over about once a year there. Some great people have worked the track over the years, so not throwing stones.......I know running a track is TOUGH work.

I don't want anyone to think I'm on here making excuses for COCR. I address the comments posted, inform everyone of events, and take feedback to our meetings.

Changes and improvements for COCR have been continuing from mid last season and are still under work. Last season we started addressing the dust problems. We began watering over night, placed tanks in problematic places around the track to spot water when needed, and are looking into more ways to guarantee the best track conditions possible. We addressed the track preparation, working the faces of the jumps day before races or race morning, and trying to have a dozer on site for each event. We have brought in new equipment it make sure we had a dependable tractor for chisel plowing and running the disc. We have also began reaching out to sponsors to give back to our riders. We started the COCR Integrity Racing Series to offer a series without a ton of races required for awards that would give out nice series end awards. COCR has also began passing out LOTS of free stuff at its events, hats, t-shirts, gift certificates, discount coupons, gloves, kidney belts, grip donuts, mouse pads, autographed items (from: James Stewart, Ryan Villopoto, Ryan Dungee, Kevin Windom, and tons more riders). This is just some of the items. COCR had a new website designed to improve how we got info out there, along with starting Facebook, pit racer, and Ohio Mafia riders pages. We are looking into lots more new and improving was to make COCR a better place for everyone! Please bare with us and understand we are trying very hard but it is not a overnight process and is very tough. We are all volunteer members doing this because we love the sport and want to have a place open for racers and fans. If there is stuff you would like to see worked on or improved, shoot me an email and I will take it to the club.
Thanks again to everyone who is supporting COCR! We appreciate everyone who comes out to our events and want to make COCR the tack you want it to be!

Have to give you credit for being willing to listen to complaints and make efforts to go in the right direction. I am sure like with anything, anyone in the Lancaster area that wanted to help out, the help could be needed. Good luck with the improvements. I will try and make it out to one of the races sometime.

Back