YZ 125 exhaust and jetting

pasimp57

PR Addict
Any opinions on the best overall pipe/muffler for the YZ 125, and would I have to go up or down on the jetting with an aftermarket system?

Thanks

I have a 09 with a doma pipe and silencer and it made the bike pull harder all over..... i all so added a v-force that made the bike run cleaner over all...as for jetting i went richer on the main by one or two depending on the time of year.... needle and pilot stock.... i all so run 50/50 race gas...

I have a 09 with a doma pipe and silencer and it made the bike pull harder all over..... i all so added a v-force that made the bike run cleaner over all...as for jetting i went richer on the main by one or two depending on the time of year.... needle and pilot stock.... i all so run 50/50 race gas...

Did the reeds and pipe make it run leaner. I know on our crf150 I had to go up 2 when we added the fmf pipe and muffler. The YZ 85 I didn't change a thing. I'm starting over again with the 125, and don't want to go the wrong way if I add the mods.

Pro circuit made my YZ125 go up to a 460 main, 4 sizes bigger than stock. Personally I like the FMF stuff better. The jetting was really close to stock and it seemed better all around on power

I have a 2003 YZ125 with PC pipe, silencer and VForce reeds. Still running 125cc too. I never rode it with stock hardware, but I can tell you I am running stock needle, 42.5 pilot and a 420 main. The jetting is spot-on.

If you are going to run pump gas.... yes its a tad lean.... i would go up 3 or 4 on the main.... but i am running a race gas blend and 2 sizes on main for winter and one larger than stock for summer is just right for my bike.

Back