Oir 1st mx of the season!!!

OIR_Old

PR Member
OIR will be hosting our 1st motocross race of the season this Sunday, May 29th. Gates open at 6, sign ups at 7 and practice at 8ish. This event is sponsored by WyoTech, PSI and Buckeye Career Center. K105 will be there broadcasting live from noon til 2. The Ohio Trike Club will be there for a special event! Come check out the track changes and have a wonderful holiday race weekend! HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!

I look forward to returning to OIR! Havent been there since the quad ban, and I look forward to being among the first to plant 3 wheels on the track!

We will try to get the complete class list posted later today. They are basically the same as you would find at a sanctioned event. It may be easier to answer specific questions if you have them. We will check back in later this evening. Thank you. We cant wait to see the three wheelers either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pee Wee Track will include 50 cc Pee Wee Beginner, 50 cc Jr Pee Wee (4-6 yrs), 50 cc Sr Pee Wee (7-8) Jr Trail (4 stroke - no clutch - under 100cc includes PW80 age 12 & under), Beginner Quad 50 cc (6 & under) and Jr Mini Quad 50-70cc (6-9 yrs)

Big Track Bike classes include 65 cc; Jr mini; Sr Mini; Super Mini; School Boy; College Boy; 250B; 250C; 450B; 450C; +25; +30; +40; +50; Womens; Bomber; 2 stroke; 250A/Money; 450A/Money: Sr Trail

Big Track Quad Classes: Sr. Mini; School Boy Quad; A/Money Quad; B Quad; C Quad; Women; Sr Quad; Open Quad and also our Trike Class

Im pretty sure the Beg 65 class will be on the PW track also.

Hope the turn out is good, weather looks like it will be GREAT.,...finally :)

holy crap WAY to much going on tomorrow... besides all the family / friend cookout type stuff, OIR, TV Land rock and ride, 330, or beans practice. ahhhhhh i love it but i hate it.. how the heck does 1 decide.

What awesome track conditions, and what a super day of racing. These folks did a magnificent job, and I absolutely loved the track. Whoever the Bozo was running a round advising everybody to leave because the track was so "horrible", Im glad I chose to ignore you. You were right about my truck getting stuck if Im parked it in the grass. I had to wait 10 or 15 minutes for them to come pull me out with a tractor, but I didnt shed any tears over it, and they didnt bill me for it. :) The track was a little muddy for practice (about half as muddy as Smith Road typically is in practice), but it was dry for the first moto, and they were watering during second moto. We all had a great time, but we all agreed that 4 laps on that track is seriously physically brutal, but nobody complained they didnt get to ride enough for their race fee. :) Great times, and on behalf of Ohio Trike Crew, thats to the folks at OIR for being such awesome hosts.

Thank you Tim for the kind words. We would like to welcome you and your crew back to any event at OIR. It was a pleasure to meet such a fun group of guys and it was great to watch you guys on the track! As far as the physical brutality - we'll work on that!

We would like to thank all of our racers for supporting us at our 1st event. We had to work through a few issues, and we appreciate everyones patience with us. We would like to give a special Thank You to Rae Lynn from RAMJAM and Michelle Anderson for saving our butt's on the computers! You girls are awesome! We would also like to thank our wonderful friends and family for spending the very long day helping us get through this 1st event.

We have a great group of sponsors and would like to thank each of you that came out! Thank you to John Resh from Buckeye Career Center for hooking us up with some great sponsors.

Constructive input would be greatly appreciated!

The track turned around real nice from practice to race time. Few things that could be looked into are the double double section before the drop down part by the scoring station. Maybe make the last double a triple or space it out some more. Most of the bike were landing flat about 10 feet past the landing. Possibly stagger start some of the classes instead of one gate drop. Also the way the riders were posted on the running order was not the same way they were called into the gate for the first motos. Not major issues but just something to keep in mind.
Overall, the race was a fun time. Took a little long to get thru the day but that is expected being the first race for you guys and gals. I think the turn out would of been larger if the weather the night before was a little nicer and there was a lot of tracks racing this weekend. Was nice to see track people asking the racers what they thought about the track and what they would like to see done. You can tell that you guys have put a lot of time into the track and area around it. Keep up the good work.

Thanks

Thanks for the props from the OIR crew, Michelle & I appreciate it....Honestly the props have to go to the Promoter of the race. It definately takes alot of your heart & soul, sweat, tears, frustration, hard physical & mental work on the track & the surrounding grounds, lots cash flow, vehicle & equipment maintenance, some tough skin (cuz you know MX ppl are hard to please lol), etc. As the mom of a racer I can honestly say the racers & families appreciate that you care enough to ask for the constructive criticism on how to improve the track. As a track owner I apprecaite what all our promoters do to provide the racers the best palces to ride at reasonable prices. There is some work to do to make it better & smoother, but we will keep trying to get the bugs worked out.

From the sign up tower, Sorry for the delay in the morning while getting the running order together....Everything went too smooth and Michelle & I just knew it was too good to be true....Thanks to all the riders for hanging in there while we got it figured out. We took notes during the day of things that came up & needed addressed

Tim Sr., it was great to see you guys all again, glad you enjoyed the track
Adam Clark from the $ quad class was impressed with the track & said he will be back
Brian Davis was there taking some pics....Please remember a portion of every picture he sells go to Scottie Scarvelli to help out.

Hope to see everyone again at the next race on June 12. Pro Quad day with a 3K purse and all regular bike & quad classes as well as the mini track classes. Thanks to everyone who came out to support their 1st race. Also, for the Ram Jam team that came out to show there support :) Love my riders, you all looked really good.

Rae Lynn :)

Back