Benefit race for Ryan Woodrum.

mxracer_0141

PR Member
So i dont know if anyone on here has heard, but we lost another good friend in our motocross family. My good friend Ryan Woodrum was killed yesterday in a motorcycle accident yesterday in Wellington. Since he lived in lorain county and was a local at meadowlarks as well as wrenching on a lot of riders quads and bikes i want to have a benefit race for him at Amherst Meadowlarks the weekend of their 2 day event on June 11th and 12th. Ive posted this on my facebook and Ryans wall as well getting ideas from people on there for what we could do to make all this possible. I havent ran it through the authorities at meadowlarks yet, but i dont see why they wouldnt let all of us pull together and make this possible. A few ideas that have been brought up are a parade lap in memory of him, getting "in memory of" stickers made up, straight donations, 50/50 raffle, a dash for cash race, a pitbike race and a live band. Just a few ideas we have came up with to make the weekend fun, safe and for a great cause to help raise some money for Ryans family. Even if you dont know who Ryan was, just coming out to show your support for a great friend, mechanic, rider, and person would be awesome and mean alot. Also if anyone on here has any other ideas that would be great as well. His wake is on friday from 2-4 and 6-9 (not sure what funeral home its at, i think in wellington?) with the burial on saturday. Feel free to pm me or call or text me at 440-346-4704 with any questions or ideas or anything. thank you everyone, i really appreciate it.

Ryan was a great guy, I hired him as my replacement while i'm in Iraq. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Really sucks hearing news like this half way around the world.

Back