Job openings available @ Off Road Express Erie,PA.

bri232

PR Member
www.offroaderie.com

We are currently looking to fill a couple postions for salesman, parts counter person and also service techs.

We have our current Off Road Express location @ 10320 Wattsburg rd. and we have purchased the old Cycle City of Erie that has gone out of business and will reopen soon on 9070 Peach st. as Off Road Express also. We are hiring new employees that will be trained and placed in one or the other location.

We are multi line and carry all machines-atv,motorcycle,pwc,sidexside,snowmobile,generators. Yamaha, Suzuki, Polaris, Victory, Arctic Cat, BRP-seadoo/can am/skidoo and now Honda and Kawasaki

Service techs- (1) experience needed,state insp. license helpful. factory certified a plus. pay based on qualifications and bonus paid on productivity weekly.
(2) entry level, willing to train the right person with the right attitude. duties include everything from cleaning,preping,load/unload trucks-frieght,light mechanical builds/service, helping senior techs with parts and moving machines in and out of service bays.

Parts Dept.- experience is helpful but i've gotten the right person before and trained them to become a solid counterperson. duties include counter sales, stocking shelves, parts orders, merchandising,customer service,shipping/recieving, etc. i have men and women in the parts dept. and have ex-car dealership parts/service guys that had a passion in motorsports that we trained and have worked out well.

Sales dept. is also in need of a salesperson with a sales/customer service background with a desire to sell.

We are accepting applications @ our Wattsburg rd. location.

bg232

If my memory serves me correct …..Wasn’t there a track in Wattsburg PA at one point in time? <O:p</O:p
I’m thinking close to I-90, or some other Interstate and I see a big building in the distance.<O:p</O:p

Wow you are old Sharc...that would have been the Erie Co. Field House track! It was at I-90 and Rt.8(Wattsburg Rd),the building is still there but the track is long gone...

Ah Ha!….Yeah, I was on a 100 or 125 at the time. The place kinda freaked me out. It was all out in the open, in a big field but cocked on an angle. When I was there it was bone dry . Out on the rack, the grass was real tall and you had nothing to gage distance. I came from Smith Rd., Western Reserve and Grand Prix. All tracks that have lots to look at. At that place, all I saw was that huge building and that threw me off even more because of it’s massive size and how it towered over the field. Even though we got invited out a few more times, I never wanted to go back.

That's so funny. I remembered it too. Took 200 pr 300 times for me to really remember. Always felt there was something there. My dad used to race there. It always felt familiar when I would stop at the country fair. Lol thinking I was 5 or under when he raced there. What year was their last race? Anyone?

i can remember riding there on minibikes when i was a kid before i knew what motocross was. my grandparents place was on the other side of the fieldhouse and we would ride up thru the woods(then-now there is warehouses all thru there) and ride around when it was closed up. i was up thru there last year on my utility quad swamping around, you can kinda catch some of the track but it is grown up big time.
now that i think about it, i'am pretty sure i saw "hurricane hannah" practicing out there on an old yammie.... maybe not think that was a dream.

how about the old wattsburg fairgrounds racetrack, anyone remember that one?

b.t.w. doesn't anyone need a job?

bg232

Back