Anybody heading up to SVR for the AHRMA practice/race next weekend?

mooch

PR Elite
I just saw the post on the main board that mentions the race will be on their GP track which has about 4 minute lap times. I'm planning on going to practice on Saturday and the race on Sunday...with it being so close I'll probably just drive up each day rather than stay there Sat night.

I went to a SVR race eons ago and have no idea what their GP track is like other than that they mention it doesn't have any doubles.

Man.........You may be the only rider there Mooch.
As previously mentioned next weekend is the Warrior Dash in Logan. I would skip it in a heartbeat to ride/race at SVR but I am competing in it Saturday with my brother, and then the wife, son and his fiance are running it on Sunday.

Looking forward to the AHRMA race June 17-19 though.

With all this year's crazy weather, I've barely had a chance to ride. I had planned to go to the GP at Action Sports on Sunday but since it's suddenly the middle of summer, I may reconsider going.

I got all sore just riding around during the GP Sunday. Don't know if I'm up for three days of AHRMA racing at Action Sports.

How did it go mooch?

Sorry for the late reply...I've been out of town for the last week.

I ended up going Sat for practice as I figured if they were running a long GP track with 4 minute lap times that I'd need some time to remember where the corners were at. Turned out they ran the normal mx track with a couple of the doubles having detours around them. Everybody ended up getting 2 long practice sessions on Sunday so there was no problem getting familiar with the track. Attendance fell in line with most mx events these days...pretty light. They ran 3 modern bike support races and 2 old bike races with about a dozen old bikes being in each race. There were 2 other guys besides myself in the 50+ class and we were done with everything at about 2:15. I had a good time and liked the track, had 2 nice holeshots and held the lead for a few laps out of the 4 laps we ran. In the first moto, I bozo'd out and washed my front out and that pretty much put me in 3rd place...or last place :)

Second moto finishing order was the same...had a nice holeshot, held the lead for a couple laps then was passed for 1st and then on the last lap I ended up getting passed again for another 3rd...last again :0

Bottom line though...I had a good time and liked the track (even if it wasn't a 4 minute per lap GP track).

Back