OIR Photos

bdavis27701

PR Addict
Photos are up from OIR's first race of the year.

OIR PHOTOS

OIR52911-IMG_4434.jpg

OIR52911-IMG_4435.jpg

OIR52911-IMG_4513.jpg

OIR52911-IMG_4787.jpg

OIR52911-IMG_4685.jpg

OIR52911-IMG_4743.jpg

OIR52911-IMG_4472.jpg

OIR52911-IMG_4414.jpg

Looks like them quads are taking out any and all ruts at OIR. That was one of the best things about OIR. But change is good I guess.

Wow, didnt know anybody was shooting pics out there. Super photos like always!
I was-LOL
Wanted to shoot more but CJ's motos were almost back to back so we had to take both bikes to the gate at one time and I couldn't fit the camera with everything else.

Looks like them quads are taking out any and all ruts at OIR. That was one of the best things about OIR. But change is good I guess.​

The track wasn't too bad actually. They prepped for bikes and then again for the quads.

Thats cool they split them up? If they do it that way then it should be good. OIR was just a sweet track with big gates.

Great Pics! We are very happy with our 1st race. We will be doing some additional track adjustments to make things flow better. We appreciate the input that the riders gave us and we will do our best to make everyone happy. For all events, we will try our best to split bikes and quads to give every rider the best track surface. We plan to run bikes 1st one race then quads 1st the next. Please understand that we have much racing experience but little track building experience. We want to make this a wonderful track for all riders and rider input is greatly appreciated. Thanks again to everyone for being patient with us! We had a lot of fun and hope you did too!

OIR deep ruts and low dust will bring alot of riders. Quads will dry the track out faster than anything keeping track workers and the water truck working all day. Even wiyh the best track work if quads are running you will not beable to have a sweet bike track like OIR was before only way that might work is 2 diff days. Just my opinion and nothing against the quad guys at all just saying.

We tried in Pa, some tracks would groom completely after quads, some did not. Even when they groomed, the track never came back around as it became more one lined. The answer is to run them seperate days, but that is too expensive for promoters with insurance, expenses etc, or run a staggered race day where quads run their entire program either before or after bikes and their intermission can be bike practice if quads run first.

I've never seen it tried before, but any thoughts about running bikes only, all the way through practice and both motos, then an intermission, disk up the track a little, and have a pre-arranged start time for quad practice and then their motos? Quad riders seem to be a lot less concerned about what bikes do to the track than bike riders are concerned about quad wear on it. Im not sure how it would affect spectator turnout, but I would think riders of both would prefer it as they would be in and out in half the time. It not unsual at all for me to scramble to be at a track to run practice at 8:00am, and then sit around until noon for my first moto. I guess for guys that run multiple classes it might be harder, but the idea of coming at noon and leaving at 6:00pm instead of coming at 7 and leaving at 6:00pm sounds pretty good.

When oir didn't have quads, people still didn't get out till 6 sometimes 7 o'clock. Pretty sure the harescramble like running order wouldn't work for a typical race day in mx...

pymatuning does it nicely. Bikes or quad motos run first...disc before first set of bike motos after peewees. alternate each race who runs first...

When oir didn't have quads, people still didn't get out till 6 sometimes 7 o'clock. Pretty sure the harescramble like running order wouldn't work for a typical race day in mx...

pymatuning does it nicely. Bikes or quad motos run first...disc before first set of bike motos after peewees. alternate each race who runs first...
That is what OIR did. Seems a lot of tracks are doing this and it works out pretty good.

My only suggestion would be to disk the track in deeper. Right after the track was disked it didn't matter whether bikes or quads went it was right back to hard packed after one moto. With just disking it on top, the fresh dirt was a small amount and got pushed aside very fast creating no lines for anyone.

We appreciate all the suggestions and will keep each of these in mind for all future events. As far as disking deeper, we did not work the track the night before due to the rain therefore it got hard packed pretty quickly. We intend to keep the track disked deeper but we didn't want to cut into the night before and have a muddy mess come race time. Good thing since it rained 2 1/2 hrs Saturday night. Thanks to everyone for the input.

My only suggestion would be to disk the track in deeper. Right after the track was disked it didn't matter whether bikes or quads went it was right back to hard packed after one moto. With just disking it on top, the fresh dirt was a small amount and got pushed aside very fast creating no lines for anyone.

That is very understandable and with weather these days nobody can win. We actually had 24 hours of no rain which hasn't happened very often so far this spring.

Back