Justin Weeks goes 1-1 at Extremty Games

bruceb

PR Addict
Racer X Recap

"After the first moto, a happy Justin Weeks reflected on his win over motocross legend Doug Henry. “I knew that Doug Henry was going to be here, and I knew that he was probably going to be my main competition”, says Weeks. “I used to watch him when I was 5 years old!”

EX6_start.jpg

photo borrowed from "4mxonly" at vitalmx.com

bruce

I personally watched Doug Henry ride this year at Monster Mtn. I can say for Weeks to beat him, he must be rippin'. I couldn't believe how fast Henry when I saw him. I can only imagine how fast weeks is going.

there should be some video of this race up in the next few days. ill post it here. ive seen some video of justin riding at briarcliff, and he still looked like A rider speed. amazing.

I saw justin at Briarcliff a month ago or so and he was riding awesome......... cool for him to race against a hero of his in Doug Henry and have the pleasure of beating him.......

What are the extent of Justins injuries now? He looks totally fine on the bike in that photo? Just curious.

Justin was out 2-3 times in the last month, dude can still rip. He jumps everything sitting down, thats bad ass right there. At least in my book. Good job JW!

It was incredible seeing Justin tear up the Cliff a few weeks ago….. Looked smooth, fast and in control!
Congrats on the win!

What are the extent of Justins injuries now? He looks totally fine on the bike in that photo? Just curious.
hes come along way. but still doesnt have total control of his legs. his left is pretty good, so he can shift the bike normally. but his right side is still pretty weak and doesnt have much control over it. mainly his foot. hes been walking with wrist crutches for balance. thats one of the biggest issues is his balance. so he does still use his wheelchair quite a bit. his legs are fastened down on the bike as well, just to help prevent them from being bucked off. still not nearly as strong. especially with squeezing the bike.

Unreal! I'm so happy that Justin is getting to do what he loves again! Beating Doug Henry?? Priceless! haha

Back