Durham, Rife put on great show at malvern

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Wow was A class stacked! Had a factory rig on site! Aj Hicks was riding out of it.

Only stayed for first MOTO but it went:

D. Durham
Rife
S. Durham
Roman candle himself
Chris Carr
Gallo
Jeff Gibson on a Ktm 2 smoke
Broc streit
Some guy from Germany
And the rest of the 19 rider field.
Started pouring on the gate. They went 20 minutes in nasty conditions!

Malvern did a great job with track maintenance! Someone update me on MOTO 2. Did.rife find a brake pedal ?

Was talking to Gibson and he said he caN'T run a 300cc 2 stroke in the pro outdoors. It's illegal. Riddle me this...you can ride a 350 4 stroke in the 450 class but not the 300cc 2 stroke in either. REALLY? WHOSE GENIUS AMA PRO IDEA WAS THAT ?

Gibson is a really cool guy. You can talk to him and its like you've known him for years. I hope he runs good outdoors!

2nd moto:
d. durham went down, had a hard time starting the bike and just rode around the rest of the moto.
rife then got the lead and checkeddddd out.
shane durhams bike blew up(i think)
the roman candle got 2nd
gibson got 3rd-he had an awesome ride, fell in the first turn and came back from dead last.
and after that stuff was pretty hard to follow, people were all over the place.
gallo went down early and i think pulled off later.
carr was up front most of the moto, and streit was right behind him. (i think they got 4th and 5th)
and thats all i know for sure.
only about 10 bikes on the track at the end of the moto.

Was talking to Gibson and he said he caN'T run a 300cc 2 stroke in the pro outdoors. It's illegal. Riddle me this...you can ride a 350 4 stroke in the 450 class but not the 300cc 2 stroke in either. REALLY? WHOSE GENIUS AMA PRO IDEA WAS THAT ?

You also can't run a 144cc 2 stroke in the "250" class.

Wow was A class stacked! Had a factory rig on site! Aj Hicks was riding out of it.

Only stayed for first MOTO but it went:

D. Durham
Rife
S. Durham
Roman candle himself
Chris Carr
Gallo
Jeff Gibson on a Ktm 2 smoke
Broc streit
Some guy from Germany
And the rest of the 19 rider field.
Started pouring on the gate. They went 20 minutes in nasty conditions!

Malvern did a great job with track maintenance! Someone update me on MOTO 2. Did.rife find a brake pedal ?
howd the semi rider do?

Another thing..McDade was leading the first 7 minutes of the moto. Lapped rider got up whiskey throttled into him and took him out.

Then come to find out, McDade's leg has been broken for the past 8 weeks. I looked at it and he's got a baseball sized knot on his left leg over the Tib and Fib. I don't know how that kid rides hurt like that all the time. He is weight-bearing...with a limp.

And uh, Pit...all the honda's were on the verge of grenading and smoking and blowing radiator hoses! The Mud was caked in the radiator shrouds though... ;) The Red machines did go 1-2-3 in the first moto...BUTTT All the Suzuki's finished just fine. A lil smokey...but finished without grenading@!

And Chris Carr....uh..Wow. For just coming off an injury he's sick fast. Staying on Lead lap and running Top 5. Really?!?! I didn't think he was going to be that competitive fresh off an injury like that. Props to him. And for him being blind as a bat without Goggles the first moto, he threw them away on the 2nd lap. So he ran 18 minutes half blind! He's got Rx goggles. Totally impressed by him.

Malverns track is nice. Can't take that away from them. They put on a good race!

Gibson was hauling in the 2nd MOTO crashed in first turn and made it back to a top five wish it would have been dry would have been awesome

lotta fast guys. LOT of rain :(

seriously one of the toughest mud races ever!! managed to go down twice in 1 lap lol... my moto was right after the pro race so there were some pretty crazy ruts everywhere

All in the span of 3 hours.

Practice

before.jpg

Moto 1

after.jpg

Thats Art looking in the van for another bike.

Back