Sunday Creek Regional - Report?

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Anyone go? Weather? Race report?

I see results are posted.....only 2 motos? Why no 3rd motos?

Nothing to report, but I'd like to give a shout out to Britney Sparks for making it in her rookie season in the "Women's Class".

Congrats and Great Job Britney!

Pit....I hate to have to report bad reviews about a track....but our families opionion it was a JOKE!! Worst run regional we have ever been to....first off they list on web site DO NOT follow map quest or garmen...use the directions they posted....Yea they were WRONG (and was told they have been and were told weeks ago) send us 1 hour each way wrong way...then people waited OVER 4 1/2 hours to sign up and missed most of practice TWO people workin sign up TWO!...then on Saturday morning they let so many bikes out at once (well over 100 in 65 class) you could not jump anything if you wanted to....and thats the good news...they chop up track sat nite and it storms ALL NITE..track was a MESS...they NEVER touched it, they send out 85's first then 65 10-11 at one point I am pretty sure there were ONLY two bikes moving, maybe 10 kids make a lap , bikes blowing up all over...15 minutes to get all stuck bikes off, red flag it...take a two hour break...scrap track (which should have been done first thing in morning) by this time it is after NOON and they dont have ANY motos in for day...Saturday they got all heats and 8 moto 2' done, so after all that stupidness they make a call to run only two moto's (heats count a 1)..UGH soooo many unhappy people in those pits.... And the flaggers were USELESS!! I went up to talk about flagger and he says to me Yes MANY people have been complaining.....two minutes later, My boy goes down in the main rut of a blindish corner...3 1/2 laps kickin and pushin and kickin and pushin...gets clipped 5 TIMES...they are flaggin TWO corners ahead of him and NOBODY pushed him off track...I was havin a heart attack..It was like it was the FIRST race they ever ran and had NO CLUE! Left Youngstown very excited and pumped up....came back to Youngstown VERY disappointed ..(and the boy broke his arm) just one Mom's oppinion

Pit....I hate to have to report bad reviews about a track....but our families opionion it was a JOKE!! Worst run regional we have ever been to....first off they list on web site DO NOT follow map quest or garmen...use the directions they posted....Yea they were WRONG (and was told they have been and were told weeks ago) send us 1 hour each way wrong way...then people waited OVER 4 1/2 hours to sign up and missed most of practice TWO people workin sign up TWO!...then on Saturday morning they let so many bikes out at once (well over 100 in 65 class) you could not jump anything if you wanted to....and thats the good news...they chop up track sat nite and it storms ALL NITE..track was a MESS...they NEVER touched it, they send out 85's first then 65 10-11 at one point I am pretty sure there were ONLY two bikes moving, maybe 10 kids make a lap , bikes blowing up all over...15 minutes to get all stuck bikes off, red flag it...take a two hour break...scrap track (which should have been done first thing in morning) by this time it is after NOON and they dont have ANY motos in for day...Saturday they got all heats and 8 moto 2' done, so after all that stupidness they make a call to run only two moto's (heats count a 1)..UGH soooo many unhappy people in those pits.... And the flaggers were USELESS!! I went up to talk about flagger and he says to me Yes MANY people have been complaining.....two minutes later, My boy goes down in the main rut of a blindish corner...3 1/2 laps kickin and pushin and kickin and pushin...gets clipped 5 TIMES...they are flaggin TWO corners ahead of him and NOBODY pushed him off track...I was havin a heart attack..It was like it was the FIRST race they ever ran and had NO CLUE! Left Youngstown very excited and pumped up....came back to Youngstown VERY disappointed ..(and the boy broke his arm) just one Mom's oppinion

Welcome to Regionals. Wayyyy tooo mannnyyy riders, waaayyyy too many classes! And if it rains...HAHAHAAH goooood luck. It will make the most seasoned track promoter look like a fool.

I'm not sure if you're mad about them telling you not to use a Garmin...but uh...I wouldn't trust those things for mx tracks. I trust them to get to a City, but any further than that...forget it. The tracks been there for a long time, and never had a hard time finding it with their directions...?

Every rider up to 12th place in all the AREA's send in their money from the qualifier, and then they run 32 or some whatever odd classes. Way too many riders. Hey AMA here's an Idea...Why don't you qualify the riders to the regional and run 3 Motos. Stop Qualifying to Qualify at the Regional.

It's funny how much of a nightmare regionals are and yet people will scream and holler and complain...but at the end of the day...THEY STILL COME BACK FOR MORE NEXT YEAR.

Sorry your experience wasn't great, but the regional experience hardly ever is when you got 65 riders showing up for each class and combined with bad weather...may I say again..Good luck.

LOL...I know George.....That was a little tantrum but i do feel better...lol We have been lucky at the regionals we attended, NOTHING compairs to this one..The directions had the wrong exit number sent us 20 exits PAST the one we needed...out fault too should have been paying more attention, but I was ahead of most of our fiends so our "DETOUR" saved them all some time..lol...me and he hubby have been in this since the 70's, and my Dad was a track promoter for years, and I am a CRA scorer for a few tracks so maybe I have HIGH standards....or MAYBE it really was that bad....but your right WE just keep commin back! I also agree on the qualifing to qualify?? You should MAKE the regional or you DONT make the regional....to much GRAY area!

Its all about the money, the more people at the regional the more money everyone makes !!! the sport is lost in the greed....

Welcome to Regionals. Wayyyy tooo mannnyyy riders, waaayyyy too many classes! And if it rains...HAHAHAAH goooood luck. It will make the most seasoned track promoter look like a fool.

Every rider up to 12th place in all the AREA's send in their money from the qualifier, and then they run 32 or some whatever odd classes. Way too many riders. Hey AMA here's an Idea...Why don't you qualify the riders to the regional and run 3 Motos. Stop Qualifying to Qualify at the Regional.
FYI ……..The Youth Regional at Sunday Creek only had 20 Classes …..Not 32…

If this was some podunk promoter trying to pull off a regional and just hit a patch of bad weather, I would agree with you, Georgie. But you should know better. Totally unacceptable from this crew.

You guys are right... mx sports and 20 classes... but do we really need 20 youth classes ? Cmon. I ran a regional on my 60 at Sunday creek....back when they didn't over book the regionals and we had 3 awesome motos that weekend.

Timmy was in a first corner wreck in his heat race, and no better luck in the lcq. They didn't come home muddy at least, lol!
Sorry to hear about AJ I was watching on the computer and worried about him! Same issue with sign up here, missed the first round of practice standing in line.

Back