Racer X Tested: 2012 Kawasaki KX450F

Scoob

PR Founding Father
http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/06/08/racer-x-tested-2012-kawasaki-kx450f-

Hmm,

It may be time for this D-Oh-Double-G to upgrade....
2012 KX450f.jpg

yeah i saw the pics a few weeks ago on transworld. The bike looks sick with al the stuff it comes with. If i were buying a new 450 i would probably get this. The new 2021 yamaha 450 is also shown on transworld now.

$8400 ....... OMG ........ I havent bought a new bike since the summer of 08, paid $7k for my 09 450 out the door ! This is killing our sport !!!!

Bike looks SWEET ! I'd love to try one out !

yeah i saw the pics a few weeks ago on transworld. The bike looks sick with al the stuff it comes with. If i were buying a new 450 i would probably get this. The new 2021 yamaha 450 is also shown on transworld now.

does the 2021 have wings and fly? :)

$8400 ....... OMG ........ I havent bought a new bike since the summer of 08, paid $7k for my 09 450 out the door ! This is killing our sport !!!!

Bike looks SWEET ! I'd love to try one out !

My last two new bikes I have waited until the spring of the year of the bike to buy. Still steep compared to my 2003 KX250, but what ya gonna do....stop riding? Not this guy.....

Not to hijack, but the chest camera shot really shows why we get so sore after a day of riding. Helmet mounted cameras are usually so smooth since the rest of your body soaks up the hits. Kinda cool to see how much the core gets tossed around! (hard to watch though......dizzy)

As for the bike, I like the footpeg and handlebar adjustments. Seems like a great idea. Being tall, I lowered my stock pegs and loved it. Having that option stock is cool.

Scoob,

Once you upgrade to the 2012 model, you can use your old model to build that KXF500AF that you are always talking about and bring it up to Red Bud for Vet Fest in 2021!!!

Nothing bears owning a new bike but the price of these things are getting out of control. For not too much more you can buy a Dam car.

I agree that the prices for a new model are out of many people’s reach.
In addition, the value (or lack thereof) problem becomes compounded when the re-sale value of that $8,400 unit becomes less than half within two years……

Below = not a $ 8400 investment........

Attachments

• IMG_1737.jpg
    IMG_1737.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 144
Scoob,

Once you upgrade to the 2012 model, you can use your old model to build that KXF500AF that you are always talking about and bring it up to Red Bud for Vet Fest in 2021!!!

Now you're getting it. :) Let it be said, let if be done!!!

Would be nice to think I'll still be riding (walking) in 2021.....

BTW- I will be at Vet Fest this year....I will be. ;)

the bikes r getting to expensive, i remember when i could walk into a dealership, and walk out with a bike for 5 stacks, tax, title, the whole deal.

Yu guyezz ar parrtee pooopas!!!

Did you expect prices to stay the same forever? See, there's this funny thing called inflation. Sure, we have our government partially to blame for it, but what you gonna do? Stop riding? ;) Just think, in about 10 years we'll be saying, "Bikes are getting too expensive. I remember when I could walk into a dealership and walk out with a bike for about 8000 bones, tax, title, the whole deal."

Just joshin' ya. I hear what your saying, but until everyone stops buying them for $8000, they'll keep selling them. I do feel ya John on the technology standpoint in terms of being able to fix them. Same thing with cars these days, but have to admit it's kinda neat...well, until it stops working, right?

Guess you could always just keep putting money into that ol' 1997 MX'er. Ride on.... :)

Back