Our new ride!

Lotts24

PR Elite
We picked this up tonight. It runs great, needs a little TLC. Going to go over it for now so Ashlee can ride it to work and school, then tear it down over the winter to paint and clean up.

Attachments

• image-4.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 245
Nice, is it a '74? I know what the '73 and '75 paint looked like, so I'm guessing. Cool anyways!

My Mom had a '73, was my first road riding experience for quite a while, without a license! Didn't get one til I was over 25.

I've looked over a couple DT's on ebay myself. They're neat old bikes.
Northwest Vintage Cycle Parts (nwvcp.com) is a good source if you need parts for it.

Nice find ! I've got a 1974 DT125A that I used as a pit bike at the MidOhio VMD swapmeet a couple of years and road it to work a couple of times ( before I retired ) . I'm willing to part with it if anyone is interested . It is pretty nice and even has electric start ( but needs a new battery ) , new rear tire , new buddy seat ( hard to find ) , and a spare tank if you want it . PM me on this site .

Thanks NQ1965. We did some fast research before we got it to see if we could fine some parts. Ebay had a good bit so we didn't hesitate to get it. It's always nice to have other sources.

halffast-how is the spare tank you have and would it fit the 250?

My husband was like a little kid when we brought it home grinning from ear to ear. He is excited to work on it and get in good riding condition. We need some tires, a boot for the carb, spark plugs and a battery. We may just carry it in the trailer to the races as a pitbike or to run to the store.

Does anyone know much about historical plates? It had those on it and we are considering putting them back on it. Is the cost different? Due you get them just like regular plates?

Does anyone know much about historical plates? It had those on it and we are considering putting them back on it. Is the cost different? Due you get them just like regular plates?

I have several "historical motorcycles" and they all have those plates. You have to order them through the BMV in person then they show up in the mail in a couple weeks. The best part is they only cost $17.50 ( here is Tuscarawas Co) and they don't expire till 2050!

The tank on my DT was coated inside and has a couple dents so I got the spare to replace it . I'm going to keep it for now until I decide what I'm going to do . It is in decent condition . I see a lot of the early DT tanks dented up so they must have been a bit thin . They are on evilbay fairly often in various condition .

I don't know anything about getting them, but I do think there is a mileage limit for using the vehicle they're on. Kinda like driving to car shows vs. daily driver.

I don't know anything about getting them, but I do think there is a mileage limit for using the vehicle they're on. Kinda like driving to car shows vs. daily driver.

They will tell you that at the BMV but it's never been a problem for me, I have historical plates on 7 motorcycles and my 67 F100 pickup. I've never been stopped while riding any of these bikes.

One thing I know about historical plates is that you are not allowed to take your motorcycle license test on a bike with them on it.

One thing I know about historical plates is that you are not allowed to take your motorcycle license test on a bike with them on it.

They must "overlook" that rule down here, my most poplar loaner by far is my 82 Honda FT500 Ascot thumper. 4 people already this year have borrowed it to take their endorsement test on.
ZRX302.jpg

I loan out my Zuma scooter many times (Mostly Harley riders) a year to.
If anyone here needs a loaner to take you test on just let me know.

Back in the day!

My first new bike at age 12 was 1975 Yamaha DT 100 bought with paper route & grass cutting money!!!
Got it at R.G. Motors in Clarksburg, WV & they are still aroubd today.

Check out the sporty glasses & riding gear what were my parents doing to me???

album.php

Ok what am I doing wrong an adding a picture?

We started the clean up process of getting it road ready. Anyone have any helpful ideas on getting the handlebars and shocks cleaned up. I started on the shocks last night and on the inside where oil layed they are cleaning up nice. I used steel wool to get that off and they look good underneath. On the outer part there is rust, it's not covered in rust but just rust spots. The steel wool will get some of it, but not all of it. Any one got any magical treatmeats. I know I could sand them and paint them, but if I can get that off they look good underneath. Thanks for the help.

Back